GDT: 3/25/2022: Washington at Buffalo 7:00PM ET MSG-B WGR

Doohickie

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

I’m a bad beer league player, but shoot outs of the one thing I can do. That’s the exact thing I do except for I go at a little more of an angle than what Ovi did. Fake wrist shoot to a backhand works every time.

I haven’t been on skates since the Second Reagan Administration, so you are light years ahead of me 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

So you're a believer.....just not in Mitts. ☺️ 

I'm not sold on him. Not even close.

I rarely see fans that are, but I don't want to throw him away, In two years time I see him as a Tim Conolly, something the islanders let go.
Also I'm drunk , my darts team won a nice game, ***** hell sabres are being good late in season and I love it. 

We will not see playoffs, but I love the growth on this team , and we got a coach our players want to play for.  Also skinner will score 30 goals next 4 seasons 😛

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Kevyn Adams PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get an NHL starting goalie next season.

This team is ready to compete with consistent NHL goaltending.

Anderson-UPL is not an option.

Look at Kuemper, really drill down on Husso.

Find a 1A this team can count on next season.

This team and this fanbase deserve it.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Will say it now… Mittelstadt is overrated today… Too anxious… He can prove me wrong… But he will have to prove it… 

Except for the missed goalmouth opportunities I thought he played a very good game tonight.  His line was noticeable in a good way.

• Like (+1) 5

I watched the 2nd and 3rd periods on my tablet with no sound while partying with friends. 

They had a good level of compete from what I saw.  Caps are a big, tough veteran team.  

Sure, Mitts couldn’t bury his chances but he is getting chances which is says he is playing good.  He will get his share if he can stay healthy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Will say it now… Mittelstadt is overrated today… Too anxious… He can prove me wrong… But he will have to prove it… 

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's not in full season game shape. Injuries did him in. Wait till next year

As I recall the comments and thoughts about Tage Thompson 12 months ago were not very optimistic for him becoming anything more than a 3rd line winger.

Mittelstadt will come around but I think we're going to need to wait until next season to see him strong again.  I agree with @PromoTheRobot

• Like (+1) 3

Digger, hope you and Promo are right… No doubt Mittelstadt wanted to replace Tuch in the shootout… He basically blew by Tuch to get on the ice while Tuch was still testing his skate… He wants to be a leader and a Go-To Guy… He said so during training camp… Too anxious still… With confidence comes poise… Guess Granato wanted to give the kid a chance at redemption after missing so many good chances during the game and OT… Let’s see if he shakes tonight off on Sunday…

Edited by Believer
Omission
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Digger said:

As I recall the comments and thoughts about Tage Thompson 12 months ago were not very optimistic for him becoming anything more than a 3rd line winger.

Mittelstadt will come around but I think we're going to need to wait until next season to see him strong again.  I agree with @PromoTheRobot

Mitts should seriously consider doing the workouts that Tage does. Tage is a beast in the off-season.   Mitts could take a step up next season if he gets in top shape.  

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Believer said:

Digger, hope you and Promo are right… No doubt Mittelstadt wanted to replace Tuch in the shootout… He basically blew by Tuch to get on the ice while Tuch was still testing his skate… He wants to be a leader and a Go-To Guy… He said so during training camp… Too anxious still… With confidence comes poise… Guess Granato wanted to give the kid a chance at redemption after missing so many good chances during the game and OT… Let’s see if he shakes tonight off on Sunday…

I seriously doubt Casey just went out to take the shot without Granato telling him to. There was some confusion when Tuch got his skate fixed if he could go out but the official said Casey had to.

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Granato got that Kreuger vibe going during the shootouts. Put Skinner out instead of Mitts.

2 hours ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Would've sent Skinner or VO out over Mitts. 😕

2 hours ago, SDS said:

How can we still be having this skinner conversation in shoot outs? The guy has been historically awful at them. We’ve talked about this for years. There’s a reason why he doesn’t go out there.

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Casey was 0 for last 5 in SO attempts coming into tonight. I would like to see Dahlin get a chance the way he's been playing lately.

Skinner has missed 19 shootout attempts in a row.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, French Collection said:

Toker the new Lehner?

Huh?

Lehner literally would give up a goal on every shot in the shootout.  I don't think he is in that category...

Out of 116 goalies with 40 or more shootout attempts, Lehner ranks 113 in save percentage.

You know who ranks one spot below him at 114? Marty Biron.

Surprisingly, two former Sabre goalies rank very highly.

Linus Ullmark is the best goalie in NHL history in shootouts based on save percentage and Jhonas Enroth is 11th overall.

Edited by matter2003

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.