A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs AND how it benefits the Sabres draft position

Crusader1969

53 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

The pick is top 10 protected in 2022... so best case the pick defers to next season and it turns into a lottery ball for Bedard/Michkov.    

How high would the pick have to be for the knights to decide to push the pick off to a better 2023 draft ?  I have to think they’d have to win 1st or 2nd.   

• Crusader1969 changed the title to A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs
13 hours ago, klos1963 said:

I'm well aware of that. But the title of the thread is about 1 person, not the team or draft pick.  You obviously were speaking of Eichel, not the draft pick.

I'd be thrilled with getting another high pick.

The thread is not about the draft pick, it's about Eichel possibly missing the playoffs again. Just like the Sabres.

So you're a hero taking digs at fellow fans and the team?  

29 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

How high would the pick have to be for the knights to decide to push the pick off to a better 2023 draft ?  I have to think they’d have to win 1st or 2nd.   

It’s top-10 protected.  If the pick ends up in the top 10, Sabres get their 2023 1st instead of the 2022 1st.

Unless they loose almost every game for the rest of the season, it won’t be too 10 on points.  They will need to win a lottery in order to push it into the top 10, and there is only going to be like a 5% chance of that, at most.

On 3/25/2022 at 3:17 PM, Curt said:

It’s top-10 protected.  If the pick ends up in the top 10, Sabres get their 2023 1st instead of the 2022 1st.

Unless they loose almost every game for the rest of the season, it won’t be too 10 on points.  They will need to win a lottery in order to push it into the top 10, and there is only going to be like a 5% chance of that, at most.

Sure but if Knights really fell of a cliff and ended up in 9th last -   Wouldn’t they have a choice to give the Sabres #9 or roll the dice and give the Sabres unprotected 2023 pick?

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Sure but if Knights really fell of a cliff and ended up in 9th last -   Wouldn’t they have a choice to give the Sabres #9 or roll the dice and give the Sabres unprotected 2023 pick?

1) No.  It’s not a choice, as far as I know, the conditions are already set.  If it’s 11-32 Sabres get it, if it’s 1-10 Knights keep it and give Sabres their 2023 1st.

2) The Knights won’t fall that low.  It’s numerically possible, but realistically they would need to lose like 13 of their last 15 games or something.

Canucks stay alive in the race beating the Stars in regulation

with the Knights comeback win over Chicago they remain a point up on Dallas, though The stars still have 4 games in hand 

Canucks 3 points back with 1 game on hand vs Knights 

Vegas gets a bit of a rest with back2Back games coming up in Seattle wed and fri. 

hopefully the Krakken can get 1 win 

the west now has 9 teams with between 70 and 80 points  6 playoff sports up for grabs  

Calgary and Colorado are the only 2 teams sitting comfy 

Edited by Crusader1969
H

I genuinely don't care where Vegas ends up on the year, and thus, where our pick ends up.

I'm baffled that after a decade of where are picks were seeming to be the only thing that mattered, and then us picking guys thought not to be picked in the right slot anyway, that people can still find the energy to care about this stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I genuinely don't care where Vegas ends up on the year, and thus, where our pick ends up.

I'm baffled that after a decade of where are picks were seeming to be the only thing that mattered, and then us picking guys thought not to be picked in the right slot anyway, that people can still find the energy to care about this stuff.

I’m super excited for the staff that has been brought in. I think this is different than years past.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

it baffles me that someone not only takes the time to read a thread they have no interest in but also takes that extra step of posting in that thread to announce their non-interest and belittle people who do believe getting the 14th pick is better than getting the 22nd pick   Absolutely, no one is forcing you to read  its easy, just move to the next thread 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

it baffles me that someone not only takes the time to read a thread they have no interest in but also takes that extra step of posting in that thread to announce their non-interest and belittle people who do believe getting the 14th pick is better than getting the 22nd pick   Absolutely, no one is forcing you to read  its easy, just move to the next thread 

Interesting. Is that what this thread is about? I thought it was about feeling the pleasure of Jack Eichel's pain.

At least, that's what I got from the title.

And there will be a future (3-5 years) NHL player available at either 14 or 22. The chances are probably identical whether or not we hit on it. I still don't care. I'm sorry if I offended,… I think.

Edited by SwampD
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Crusader1969 changed the title to A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs AND how it benefits the Sabres draft position
On 3/25/2022 at 2:17 PM, SwampD said:

Maybe there are just two Peggys and they don’t own it but just live there.

I think it's two Peggys that do own it, and they're still wrong. Should be Peggys' Cove.

On 3/25/2022 at 4:11 PM, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Damn!!

Never thought of that.

Would that not be Peggies then?

Not sure if you switch to ies for proper nouns. This link at least says no: https://grammarist.com/plurals/plurals-of-nouns-ending-in-y/ as does this TV show that popped into my head. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kennedys_(miniseries).

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

I think it's two Peggys that do own it, and they're still wrong. Should be Peggys' Cove.

Not sure if you switch to ies for proper nouns. This link at least says no: https://grammarist.com/plurals/plurals-of-nouns-ending-in-y/ as does this TV show that popped into my head. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kennedys_(miniseries).

According to Strunk and White, no.  You are correct.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.