A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs AND how it benefits the Sabres draft position

Crusader1969

Just now, MattPie said:

I looked at MLA quickly, but didn't find the proper noun rules before I lost interest.

My wife is far more literate and far better read than I am, so I need to know these things offhand and where to find them.

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

My wife is far more literate and far better read than I am, so I need to know these things offhand and where to find them.

I dated a Technical Editor for a number of years. Besides being a nice person, she really shaped up my ability to write.

• Like (+1) 1

12 games left for the Knights.  
they did their bit with Back to Back wins over the Krakken

they are still a point in front of Dallas , however the Stars still with 4 games in hand

The Oilers and Preds now can see Vegas in the rear view mirror

Knights next two are against the  Canucks.   Vancouver need 4 points in regulation in the back to back series to get back into the race 

Edited by Crusader1969

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

12 games left for the Knights.  
they did their bit with Back to Back wins over the Krakken

they are still a point in front of Dallas , however the Stars still with 4 games in hand

The Oilers and Preds now can see Vegas in the rear view mirror

Knights next two are against the  Canucks.   Vancouver need 4 points in regulation in the back to back series to get back into the race 

Edmonton has been three points ahead of them with a game in hand for a couple weeks now.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Mark Stone activated. 

Drew Dougherty had season ending surgery for the Kings

That Eichel-McDavid First Round Playoff Series is going to be lit

What pisses me off is that in 2006-7, the Sabres had Afinogenov, Connolly, and at least 1 other player all slated to come off the IR during Round 1 of the playoffs.  Suddenly, a month before the TDL, the league announced that any player on IR for the Sabres who did not return by the end of the season had to miss Round 1 and could not skate in a team organised session, let alone practise, at all until the off day before Round 2.  What makes Trampa Bray and Lost Vagus so damn special?  😡

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, The Ghost of NS said:

What injuries are just regular IR, and what do the injuries need to be to constitute LTIR?

Asking for a friend in Vegas. 

LTIR reasons include: hangnail, a boo-boo, cut shaving, hangover, stifled yawn, an ouchie, morning breath, scratch, dry skin, having peanut butter stick to the roof of your mouth.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
  • Haha (+1) 4

I already feel like we won the “trade” but if Vegas misses out and Jack does too (imagine when he got traded, he felt it was automatic he would be in playoffs) and we end up with an 11-16 pick. Oh baby, I’m celebrating hard. 

alex Tuch .833 ppg 

jack .769 ppg

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Quinn Hughes scores the OT winner for Vancouver over Las Vegas.

Unfortunate that VAN blew a 2-goal lead and let Vegas earn a point. Stone is back in the lineup and Vegas very easily could overtake the Kings now. Of course, they just put a handful of folks on LTIR, so if they're beset by another rash of injuries their depth will be out for a few weeks, too.

Edit: The good news is that the Kings' schedule is fairly easy to close out the season.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.