Who are the most-liked Sabres?

dudacek

Inspired by talk on WGR:

This isn’t a ranking of your favourites, or how good they are, but a ranking of how popular you perceive these guys with the fan base.

My top 5:

• Tuch
  • Granato
  • Peterka
  • Cozens
  • Okposo

With an honourable mention to Craig Anderson, and a huge chunk finally jumping on the Dahlin bandwagon.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Inspired by talk on WGR:

This isn’t a ranking of your favourites, or how good they are, but a ranking of how popular you perceive these guys with the fan base.

My top 5:

• Tuch
  • Granato
  • Peterka
  • Cozens
  • Okposo

With an honourable mention to Craig Anderson, and a huge chunk finally jumping on the Dahlin bandwagon.

I think Krebs is in there

• Like (+1) 1

I deleted my post because it didn’t honor the spirit of the question.  To more appropriately answer your inquiry, I think you nailed it with the exception of JJ. Sabres fans have seen more from Quinn than Peterka.  But I also think Tage tops them both.  It is also pretty cool that fans identify with the coach and I agree with you on that.  

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I deleted my post because it didn’t honor the spirit of the question.  To more appropriately answer your inquiry, I think you nailed it with the exception of JJ. Sabres fans have seen more from Quinn than Peterka.  But I also think Tage tops them both.  It is also pretty cool that fans identify with the coach and I agree with you on that.  

The thing about Peterka is I have never heard anyone who follows the team ever say a bad word about him, not one.

The amount of talk may have faded, but at there were plenty raving about him.

Thing is, in addition to his talent, he plays with such hustle and carries himself with such joy.

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

Inspired by talk on WGR:

My top 5:

• Tuch
  • Granato
  • Peterka
  • Cozens
  • Okposo

We can get some sense of this looking at the jersey auctions. 

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

The thing about Peterka is I have never heard anyone who follows the team ever say a bad word about him, not one.

The amount of talk may have faded, but at there were plenty raving about him.

Thing is, in addition to his talent, he plays with such hustle and carries himself with such joy.

And you think fans know about him?

1 minute ago, SDS said:

We can get some sense of this looking at the jersey auctions. 

And you think fans know about him?

Yes, he was plenty hyped at camp and has had a fair amount of attention for his play in Roch.

Now I’m clearly talking about serious fans, as opposed to casual ones.

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yes, he was plenty hyped at camp and has had a fair amount of attention for his play in Roch.

Now I’m clearly talking about serious fans, as opposed to casual ones.

I would think Tage or even Olofsson would be more popular. People like goals scorers with wicked shots. 

31 minutes ago, SDS said:

I would think Tage or even Olofsson would be more popular. People like goals scorers with wicked shots. 

Think we might be talking about different versions of popular.

Mine is more “universally loved by hardcore fans” as opposed to “liked by the most people.”

How the hardcore fanbase rank them is an interesting topic.  It requires us to put aside our personal preferences and think in total.

Tage

Tuch

Okposo

Girginsons

Dahlin

I only went with players, but coach Granato has to be high up there and even Adams.  I believe hardcore fans believe that after 10 years of being lost in the wilderness the Sabres finally have a good combo running the team.

I also think that Anderson is universally respected for what he brings to the team and the locker room.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Think we might be talking about different versions of popular.

Mine is more “universally loved by hardcore fans” as opposed to “liked by the most people.”

Using this definition, I think the list starts and ends with Kyle Jesper Okposo.

Dahlin is too young to be loved. Lusted, yes.

Longevity matters here as well.

Gus should be loved for being one of our Andy Dufresnes (has crawled through 10 years of the most vile excrement imaginable). I doubt he is loved, though.

Tage is getting close. But see also: Dahlin.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

How the hardcore fanbase rank them is an interesting topic.  It requires us to put aside our personal preferences and think in total.

Tage

Tuch

Okposo

Girginsons

Dahlin

I only went with players, but coach Granato has to be high up there and even Adams.  I believe hardcore fans believe that after 10 years of being lost in the wilderness the Sabres finally have a good combo running the team.

I also think that Anderson is universally respected for what he brings to the team and the locker room.

For me personally, Girgensons and Dahlin have to be near the top of the list.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.