GDT - Penguins @ Sabres - March 23, 2022 - 7:30 PM (EDT) - TNT and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Im not being sarcastic either. I think being short makes it easier to switch around from forehand to backhand especially along the walls. 

Good point. Goes hand-in-hand with Bryson's ability to pivot suddenly on his skates and slide under checkers, which also feed off-hand success.

Edited by dudacek

32 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

TNT you say….so on one hand No Dan and Rob (🙏) but then Bissonette between periods (🤮)gordon ramsay chef GIF by Masterchef

Bissonette embarrassed himself on the Sportsnet Trade Deadline show wearing his Leafs jersey and getting angry at fans for being down on Campbell and guaranteeing the Leafs win the first round regardless of who they play. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Bissonette embarrassed himself on the Sportsnet Trade Deadline show wearing his Leafs jersey and getting angry at fans for being down on Campbell and guaranteeing the Leafs win the first round regardless of who they play. 

Guy is a jackhole

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

I hope you mean on Chippewa Street after games….b/c if Bryson is top 6 after Power and Johnson arrive we have issues. 

Don't be surprised, is all I'm saying.

This build has been all about internal growth.  The JAGs brought in have been glue players, not stars.  The best we could hope for really is that Pysyk is Power's mentor.  But even Pysyk isn't long for the team, maybe just another year.  Bryson might be the guy they want to pair with Power.  It would make sense based on the build as executed so far.  They're not going to bring in a $5 million Dman to mentor him, it's going to be a middling, steady kind of guy.  I think it will be either/or Pysyk and Bryson.

3 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Mitts definitely scores tonight, right?

I'm going to say Samuelsson, Hinostroza and/or Cozens.

32 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

IIRC, he predicted the Laughs would kick some Sabre ass in the Heritage classic as well. 

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I don't know.  I think Bryson is pretty solid.  The biggest knock against him is size but pairing him with Power should compensate for that.

Pairing him with Samuelsson already has started that process IMPO

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Pairing him with Samuelsson already has started that process IMPO

And really, Power is going to learn from the whole D corps.

• Bryson - on the ice as his partner
  • Pysyk - also on the ice as his partner, plus share the wisdom of a long time D vet
  • Samuelsson - how to use size at the NHL level
  • Dahlin - how to deal with the pressure of being a #1OA pick
  • Fitzgerald - how to agitate/get under other team's skin
  • Jokiharju - how to speak Swedish
  • Anderson - if he re-signs, as a steadying influence from the viewpoint of a goalie (whether in net or on the bench)

And this seems to me to be very much in line with the current team culture of no prima donas, everyone helping each other.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri

55 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I don't know.  I think Bryson is pretty solid.  The biggest knock against him is size but pairing him with Power should compensate for that.

I'm going to agree with you here.  I don't see many problems with is game. Sure he is 24 already, but with limited NHL experience he still should get a LITTLE better than he is now, and I think he could be good enough now to be a solid 3rd pair guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.