What draft pick will the Sabres get from Vegas?

SDS

What draft pick will the Sabres get from Vegas?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What draft pick will the Sabres get from Vegas?

• 2023 (protected pick)
    • 17+ (Vegas makes playoffs)

I've said this way before Eichel was traded that he brings his entire team down with him and it continues with the Knights. I went with pick #12, there are like 4 teams below them that are going on win streaks while the Knights are going in the opposite direction. 

Edited by GoPuckYourself

4 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Also, Max Pacioretty has been hurt and that along with Stone being out really hurts their firepower.  Goaltending has not been a strength as well.  Maybe a .500 team for a while.

Also out are Brayden McNabb and Alec Martinez on their defense. Two studs missing on the back end.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, kas23 said:

They don’t need to be included in the 10th worst teams to have a top 10 pick. Lottery is for the top 16th worst teams and they are currently sitting right on the line (15th) of being in the Lottery versus not. All I’m saying is I can see them dropping off to be included in the Lottery, which is a very real possibility. 

We are talking about a very small percentage chance here.  Teams in draft positions 12-16 have something like from a 5% to 2% chance of moving up.  It’s pretty slim, and definitely not something that you can angle to try for.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Funny that our $750K 40-year old goalie has been pretty damn good.

But how did the other 740k investment in Dell work out?

Yes Anderson has played well in limited PT, but of course he got injured and missed half the season.  No surprise given that only Hasek, Roloson and Thomas played more then 40 games in a season over 40 and only Thomas and Hasek played well in those seasons.  

This team needs to make a major step forward next season and hoping an ancient goaltender can carry the team is doomed to failure.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Eichel or not, injuries or not: they are paying the price for firing Gallant, moving Fleury, and getting Dadanov.

I still think they right the ship before season's end.

Half Baked Reaction GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Eichel or not, injuries or not: they are paying the price for firing Gallant, moving Fleury, and getting Dadanov.

I still think they right the ship before season's end.

They need a healthy NHL goalie who isn't playing Hutton-level if they want to make the playoffs. With all the modified-NTCs and no cap space, they're going to be a bit limited in their options for a goalie. They can't even bring back Alec Martinez if he gets healthy without putting someone else (Lehner) on LTIR.

• Like (+1) 1

I chose 15 for no other reason than it was Eichel's number when he started with the Sabres.  I'd be happier with 9 but the pick is top 10 protected.  He owes us pick 15. 

My random lazy poll pick of the day, but I see 15 is in the lead.  Thanks very much.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Digger said:

I chose 15 for no other reason than it was Eichel's number when he started with the Sabres.  I'd be happier with 9 but the pick is top 10 protected.  He owes us pick 15. 

My random lazy poll pick of the day, but I see 15 is in the lead.  Thanks very much.

This is serious business buddy. Either you show your work or you’re not gonna pass this class.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

No.  We want their goaltending to stay mediocre because it helps us.

According to KA on the Instigators (based on a question from twitter asked our very own Promo the Robot) if it benefits the Sabres he would absolutely trade with Vegas.  Which means they would have to overpay, making it less likely.  

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Vegas lost to Winnipeg tonight 4-0 — that’s back-to-back shutout losses.

I said in another thread that they really might miss the playoffs.  It’s not impossible that the wheels are coming off before our eyes.

Lose baby lose!

Oh. It’s much more likely they miss now than they make it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.