What draft pick will the Sabres get from Vegas?

SDS

What draft pick will the Sabres get from Vegas?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What draft pick will the Sabres get from Vegas?

• 2023 (protected pick)
    • 17+ (Vegas makes playoffs)

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Don't look at Vegas' schedule

22 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Did a few weeks back ik it's comically easy

It’s not that easy.  

image.thumb.png.bf08e6af6a04289747cb64fff29af258.png

Next 5 are on the easy side, but 3 of those are vs Vancouver and if Vegas loses even two of those three, it’s going vault Vancouver back into the playoff race with them.  High pressure there.

Also, only 5 of their remaining 13 games are at home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

That Vancouver mini-series is going to be crucial. Van absolutely needs to make up points on VGK in those games to stay alive. Even if they can't close the gap, they're still taking points away from VGK to allow Dal or Wpg to catch them. 

Fingers crossed. 

But wins do close the gap. Those are zero sum games

57 minutes ago, Curt said:

It’s not that easy.  

image.thumb.png.bf08e6af6a04289747cb64fff29af258.png

Next 5 are on the easy side, but 3 of those are vs Vancouver and if Vegas loses even two of those three, it’s going vault Vancouver back into the playoff race with them.  High pressure there.

Also, only 5 of their remaining 13 games are at home.

I think that home/away schedule is a huge factor.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

I think it really depends on their ability to get Stone and/or Lehner back during the regular season, which I think they make happen.  It's not like Lehner was lights out before he was hurt, but it might be the shot in the arm the team needs. 

I don’t think they can make the cap work. They might have to put Dadonov and more on waivers. 

I am not a capologist so don’t take this to the bank.

Overlooked by much of the NHL media: Dadonov has been better than he had been since he went back into the line-up.  LVGK look like they are playing better with him.  Does his extra spark just lift them enough without needing to alter the LTIR players?

Dallas and Nashville both have 3 games in hand on Vegas. Vegas is 1 and 2 points behind them respectively. 

Vancouver is 6 points back with 1 game in hand and 1 game against Vegas coming up. If they win the extra game and beat Vegas, they'd only be 2pts behind Vegas. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Dallas and Nashville both have 3 games in hand on Vegas. Vegas is 1 and 2 points behind them respectively. 

Vancouver is 6 points back with 1 game in hand and 1 game against Vegas coming up. If they win the extra game and beat Vegas, they'd only be 2pts behind Vegas. 

I love it when a plan comes together

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Ugly helmets.

5-1 loss in their own barn. No sense of desperation, I guess.

I watched the game last night, Demko was on fire and Pettersson had one of his best games.

We need Detroit, San Jose and Anaheim to get off tank mode although Detroit did get a couple of wins against the Bruins and Jets.

Edited by jsb

They've got Lehner and Alec Martinez back now, so that will help them, although it was Lehner who gave up 5 goals last night.

Vegas has 10 games left:

AZ

@ Vancouver

@ Calgary

@ Oilers

NJ

Capitals

SJ

@ Dallas

@ Chicago

@ STL

As noted upthread, Dallas and Nashville are both ahead of Vegas currently and have 4 games in hand, so they are probably safe.  Vegas has played the same # of games as the Kings, but the Kings are 4 points ahead.  Vancouver is 6 pts behind Vegas, with 1 game in hand and a home game against Vegas.

It seems like Vegas, to get in, will need some combination of a 4-6 record or worse by the Kings and a 6-4 record or better by Vegas, or a major collapse by Nashville or Dallas.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.