What draft pick will the Sabres get from Vegas?

SDS

What draft pick will the Sabres get from Vegas?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What draft pick will the Sabres get from Vegas?

• 2023 (protected pick)
    • 17+ (Vegas makes playoffs)

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

They’ve now lost 5 straight, and they just put Lehner on IR.  Their next 5 are home vs FLA, home vs Kings, at Minny, at Winny and home vs Nashville.  They could easily lose 4 of those.

They’ve hitched their wagon to Eichel and Lehner.  What could go wrong?

What team would dumb enough to bank in Eichel and Lehner?

If VGK continues to fade (look at those D injuries and no goalie... and incapable of bringing back salary because then they have no space and all those modified trade clauses on aging vets)...  those season-ending locker-cleaning interviews will allow someone to write quite the thesis on body language.

Vancouver wins tonight, Edmonton wins tonight... This is where the fun begins.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The next Taylor Hall?

The first Jerk Eich... err I mean... Jack Eichel.

I believe he ultimately ends up in Boston, maybe at some point he figures out what an arrogant prick he's been and he fully blossoms, but I'm not holding my breath, haha.

Vegas slides the rest of the year, they select in the top 10 and our pick is deferred until 2023. Which is fine because the Eichel curse continues for them, they finish last in the league next year (a standing Eichel knows how to lead a team to), they win the lottery, we get their pick, and select the most explosive prospect since McDavid in Michkov. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

Vegas slides the rest of the year, they select in the top 10 and our pick is deferred until 2023. Which is fine because the Eichel curse continues for them, they finish last in the league next year (a standing Eichel knows how to lead a team to), they win the lottery, we get their pick, and select the most explosive prospect since McDavid in Michkov. 

Pretty sure Connor Bedard is spelled without M or V but it was a good guess. 

7g, 11a in his last 10 games. He's 7 months younger than Michkov

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

There is a decent chance that Vegas misses the playoffs. I don’t see them winning in the playoffs even if they get there.  

Not sure about all the gloom and doom but they are in cap trouble for sure.  

They have gutted their prospect pool. They need 2 or so good drafts and 3 years to really improve it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I've taken in some of their recent games.  The quality scoring opportunities seem to be heavily weighted to the Eichel line, meaning if you can defend them well, then there is not a wealth of secondary scoring right now.  Also, Max Pacioretty has been hurt and that along with Stone being out really hurts their firepower.  Goaltending has not been a strength as well.  Maybe a .500 team for a while.

Four points behind Minnesota. Dallas has four games in hand to make up one point. Vancouver and Winnipeg have one game in hand to make up one or two points. Vegas in freefall after playing a slew of non-playoff teams and now they have a stretch against much better teams.

They are 17th now, but could drop down to 14 without playing another game.

451CCF04-D485-4E20-8C3B-08F804FD0048.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Pretty sure Connor Bedard is spelled without M or V but it was a good guess. 

7g, 11a in his last 10 games. He's 7 months younger than Michkov

They have gutted their prospect pool. They need 2 or so good drafts and 3 years to really improve it. 

If you say so, I certainly won’t argue. 

20 games left in the season. I think the next three are crucial. They lose them, I think panic sets in, PTSD starts to hit Eichel, he tries too hard and they don't play well in a team. That could carry them through to 10 games left in the season with them only 6-8 points higher in the standings, but which point it is too late to correct.

7 hours ago, K-9 said:

If this plays out...Bedard is the selection especially given the political landscape with regards to Russia as a whole.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Vegas has the same flaw that Toronto has, mediocre defense and questionable goaltending... wait I feel like I have watched this movie before somewhere... 

angry ice hockey GIF by NHL

And why do we want to make the same mistake by relying on an unproven prospect and another $750 K vet goalie as his partner.  It’s long past time to go out and actually fix the position with real players.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

And why do we want to make the same mistake by relying on an unproven prospect and another $750 K vet goalie as his partner.  It’s long past time to go out and actually fix the position with real players.

We don't agree on the approach to doing this. I don't even agree with what you are saying here as Hutton was not a 750k vet goalie and we weren't relying on an unproven prospect to partner with him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.