GDT: Sabres at Montreal 12:30pm, MSG (and SN for hosers), WGR

Eleven

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I agree with the bolded, and I'm optimistic about Krebs and Quinn, and hopeful about VO, Mitts and JJP, but my point is that they kinda need ALL of them to do so, which isn't likely -- one or more are likely to be injured, wash out or encounter other issues. 

Agreed. The depth will come though. I don’t think we should be signing vets to serve as this depth though, because they’ll just block the future. I imagine this depth will be coming from guys we have in Rochester, players we drafted last year, and the coming draft. Funny thing is, not too long ago, most of us were dismissing Krebs as a poor man’s rhino. His brief stint in Rochester was mostly forgettable. We were obviously wrong. 

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

What a pass by Krebs! He’s a special player. 

He's still making a lot of mistakes but can set up players for goals like nobody's business.  And really his most obvious fault is due to eagerness:  Dude puts himself offside too much.  That's pretty easily correctable.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Agreed. The depth will come though. I don’t think we should be signing vets to serve as this depth though, because they’ll just block the future. I imagine this depth will be coming from guys we have in Rochester, players we drafted last year, and the coming draft. Funny thing is, not too long ago, most of us were dismissing Krebs as a poor man’s rhino. His brief stint in Rochester was mostly forgettable. We were obviously wrong. 

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

He's still making a lot of mistakes but can set up players for goals like nobody's business.  And really his most obvious fault is due to eagerness:  Dude puts himself offside too much.  That's pretty easily correctable.

What needs more more attention was the 4-way pass on the final PP that Petry deflected away from Tuch putting it in the empty net. 

Krebs opened up for the pass and rocketed it through the slot to Tuch’s stick in the blink of an eye.

It was a thing of beauty.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

What needs more more attention was the 4-way pass on the final PP that Petry deflected away from Tuch putting it in the empty net. 

Krebs opened up for the past and rocketed it thought the slot to Tuch’s stick in the blink of an eye.

He really might end up being as good at running the PP from the 1/2 wall as Eichel was.  They both can 1 time that pass w/ such precision.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What do you mean?

A replacement for Reinhart.  I think he may end up being just as good, if not better.

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Krebs opened up for the past and rocketed it thought the slot to Tuch’s stick in the blink of an eye.

His creativity is off the charts.  Once he develops the good habit of staying on sides he'll have even more opportunities to put his creativity on display.

21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

https://twitter.com/TheChargingBUF/status/1492949471751282696?s=20&t=UuO9LQeLCQdpxa1fljfwYg

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

A replacement for Reinhart.  I think he may end up being just as good, if not better.

His creativity is off the charts.  Once he develops the good habit of staying on sides he'll have even more opportunities to put his creativity on display.

Sam Reinhart is a ppg player and in every season but 1 he's scored 20goals. At age 20 he put up 23g and 19a in 79 games. 

Let's pump the brakes a little, not saying Krebs can't be awesome but he's only got 5pts on the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

Once D gets upgraded... its coming... and goaltending hopefully... this team is going to be competitive... Now they are just fun to watch. Scoring goals doesn't seem to be a problem.  Getting rid of Jags on third line an D is going to make such a big improvement... Liking Fitzgerald.  Bryson looked much better but still question his ability to be physical against bigger guys. With Fitzgerald, Dahlin, Power, Samuelson... guessing Pysk, and Joker... and possibly Haag, I wonder if there is a place for Brison. That makes 8 D... Johnson in the wings going to the AHL... I so much want to dump Joker unless he gets bigger... not taller obviously.... Gonna be interesting to watch... Sabres obviously need to more depth at forward and right handed D... This young core is gaining experience and I am wonder if it is worth keeping too many older depth D guys around once injury bug subsides.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Once D gets upgraded... its coming... and goaltending hopefully... this team is going to be competitive... Now they are just fun to watch. Scoring goals doesn't seem to be a problem.  Getting rid of Jags on third line an D is going to make such a big improvement... Liking Fitzgerald.  Brison looked much better but still question his ability to be physical against bigger guys. With Fitzgerald, Dahlin, Power, Samuelson... guessing Pysk, and Joker... and possibly Haag, I wonder if there is a place for Brison. That makes 8 D... Johnson in the wings going to the AHL... I so much want to dump Joker unless he gets bigger... not taller obviously.... Gonna be interesting to watch... Sabres obviously need to more depth at forward and right handed D... This young core is gaining experience and I am wonder if it is worth keeping too many older depth D guys around once injury bug subsides.

So, once we get better players?

2 hours ago, nucci said:

So, once we get better players?

yes, basically, but I think they are coming as the young guys mature... you see it in fits and starts, just not consistent... Sabres appear to be able to score well now from different lines.  Now it is a question of being better at D getting a few more guys that have already been drafted or still developing to step up and maybe a piece or two on the front line.  But you can see it happening and the style is sooo much better.

Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.