GDT: Sabres at Montreal 12:30pm, MSG (and SN for hosers), WGR

Eleven

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Of course they aren’t good enough and so that’s why I wonder: are they aware that they aren’t good enough? I wonder if sooner or later that self realization begins to set in as they’re continually exposed to the reality in practice and games day after day after day. Just a thought. 

Sure, at this stage of their careers they know they are marginal NHL/AHL talent.   They key for them Is to work hard and play for a coach that can get the most out of them.  When you play on the fourth line on a bottom tier team you know what you are.  

7 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

Two deflections off skates that lead to goals - no luck tonight

Better positional hockey was the problem on the Armia goal.  Not bad luck, bad play. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

They should look for improvements wherever they can be found 

I agree. If there's improvements to be made, you make them. That's why the 3 guys could take a hike. 

I think Janko could anchor a 4th line and kill penalties on a decent team.

Just now, thewookie1 said:

I do not like the Fitzgerald and Samuelson pairing at all. Fitz has so many giveaways where he just does behind the back passes or just sending the puck through the middle.

They did MB loves em and thinks they're doing a good job earlier in the game 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

No. I mean they know they aren’t very good, they aren’t part of the plan moving forward, and that their play reflects a “what’s the use” kind of acquiescence. I don’t think it’s a conscious thing though. 

They know they're not very good.  They're just happy to be making almost a million dollars a year.  They will take it while they can get it and relish it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I do not like the Fitzgerald and Samuelson pairing at all. Fitz has so many giveaways where he just does behind the back passes or just sending the puck through the middle.

They're currently a top-minutes pairing... in the AHL. After a first couple solid games, teams are now matching top lines against them and forechecking them viciously. They need time for the game to slow down. Fitz could become a #7. He adds grit the rest of the D doesn't have and that's good. The Muel is promising. But this is the year to get away with a pairing of their caliber. Hopefully, Muel gets a vet beside him next season.

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Aim higher. Look at our record and where we match up today against a truly awful team. We need to look for improvement in every area possible to turn this around in a period shorter than another 5 years, and that’s not hyperbole. 

The bottom 6 needs to be good enough that Cozens, Krebs, Olofsson and Asplund have to earn top 9 ice time, not be gifted it. The first three have been mostly passengers tonight.

It’s OK to have a Jankowski and a Hayden as your 13th and 14th forwards.

It’s not OK to have Jankowski, Hayden, Eakin and Bjork as 9, 10, 11, and 12.

Girgensons, Mitts, Hinostroza and Caggiula are be better than those 4, but we still need to aim higher.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

They're currently a top-minutes pairing... in the AHL. After a first couple solid games, teams are now matching top lines against them and forechecking them viciously. They need time for the game to slow down. Fitz could become a #7. He adds grit the rest of the D doesn't have and that's good. The Muel is promising. But this is the year to get away with a pairing of their caliber. Hopefully, Muel gets a vet beside him next season.

Idk, Dahlin has been pretty physical of late

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Skinner makes a great play opening up that lane for him, too

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just like to note if you watch the full goal sequence, Dahlin makes a great play to give Skinner the puck in space

On this goal or the one Dahlin had the assist? I thought Skinner got this one through a turnover 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.