Aaron Dell Clears Waivers

Brawndo

Hopefully they just let him drift off into oblivion but they'll more than likely put him back in Rochester.

Does this freeze his suspension? Since he's not on the active roster would they not count these games as "suspended games?"

Edited by Norcal

11 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Hopefully they just let him drift off into oblivion but they'll more than likely put him back in Rochester.

Does this freeze his suspension? Since he's not on the active roster would they not count these games as "suspended games?"

I could stand an answer to this question.  Anyone?  Bueller?

Dell really could help stabilise Rochester, which has to be a good thing.

Just now, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I could stand an answer to this question.  Anyone?  Bueller?

Dell really could help stabilise Rochester, which has to be a good thing.

He was ok there and they do have a need.

I'd like to see them have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs. 

27 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Pretty sure suspensions apply equally to NHL and AHL games, so he will not be available there until his NHL suspension concludes.

I suspect the waiver is nothing more than making space for Ticker and Andy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Pretty sure suspensions apply equally to NHL and AHL games, so he will not be available there until his NHL suspension concludes.

Ahh ok thanks. With his play and conduct lately I just wish they were done with him.

I do I think he can help Rochester and they deserve ahl level goaltending atleast. 

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yeah, pending the COVID protocol roster moves, don't believe they could have both Anderson & Tokarski activated w/out sending Dell bacweekend.  Pretty sure he'll be able to serve his last 2 games in the A.

Robson came THIS close to getting NHL action this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

That would have been fun for him.

Robson... and...   seriously, who would we have dressed as the backup if Anderson/Toker couldn't fly with the team? The local Phoenix emergency goalie? University of Arizona's backup goalie? A free agent for $750k?

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

That would have been fun for him.

Robson... and...   seriously, who would we have dressed as the backup if Anderson/Toker couldn't fly with the team? The local Phoenix emergency goalie? University of Arizona's backup goalie? A free agent for $750k?

Probably the local emergency goalie.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yeah, pending the COVID protocol roster moves, don't believe they could have both Anderson & Tokarski activated w/out sending Dell bacweekend.  Pretty sure he'll be able to serve his last 2 games in the A.

Can't find anything indicating that Dell will be allowed to serve his suspension in the minors.  So, not positive that's the case.

Remember, Connolly got a 4 game suspension at the end of the '02-'03 season then missed the entire '03-'04 season due to a concussion in the preseason & had to finish serving the suspension after the lockout finally ended.

So, Dell's NHL career could be done if he still has to serve 2 games of a suspension before he can dress in the NHL (and he likely does still have to serve the euspension).

• Brawndo changed the title to Aaron Dell Clears Waivers
3 hours ago, K-9 said:

The entire league passed on him? Now every team shall rue the day. 

What WERE the Yotes thinking?  Pretty ballsy to think they already have 32 locked up.  Wouldn't be the 1st team to have hubris induce fate to bite them in the bippy.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.