GDT - Sabres @ Coyotes - January 29, 2022 - 9:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B, WGR and BSAZ

woods-racer

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So in December the NHL was postponing games at the drop of a hat, even while the plan was to send people to the Olympics. So now they're going to insist we play shorthanded with a bunch of players in COVID protocol?

All part of the bettman clown show.

s-l400.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

• This is the second and final meeting between the Sabres and Coyotes this season. 
• Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Arizona 2-1 (SO) in Buffalo on Oct. 16. 
• The Sabres are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games against the Coyotes; 8-2-0 on the road. 

• This is the 84th game all-time between Buffalo and Arizona; Buffalo has a 49-24-10 series record. 
• The Sabres are 22-16-2 on the road against the Coyotes all-time.

• If he dresses, tonight will be Rasmus Asplund's 100th career NHL game. 

• Since making his Sabres debut on Dec. 29, Sabres forward Alex Tuch has recorded 10 points (3+7) in 10 games, including six points in his last five contests (2+4).

• Tage Thompson has 12 points (4+8) in his last 12 games played, including five points (2+3) in his last four contests. 

• Rasmus Dahlin has five points (1+4) in his last three games. 

• In his last 10 games, Jeff Skinner has recorded 10 points (7+3). 
• Skinner has recorded 11 points (6+5) in his last 10 games against the Coyotes, including six points (4+2) in five games against Arizona since joining the Sabres. 

• Dylan Cozens enters tonight's game with four points (2+2) in his last four games. 

• Cody Eakin has recorded six points (3+3) in his last seven games against the Coyotes, including a point (1+1) in each of his last two visits to Arizona. 

• Tonight's game opens up Buffalo's ninth of 16 sets of back-to-back games this season, which will wrap up tomorrow night in Colorado.
• The Sabres are 3-4-1 in the first game of back-to-back sets and 1-3-4 in the second game so far this season. Buffalo's point breakdown in back-to-back sets this season is: four points (0), three points (3), two points (1), one point (2) and zero points (2).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So in December the NHL was postponing games at the drop of a hat, even while the plan was to send people to the Olympics. So now they're going to insist we play shorthanded with a bunch of players in COVID protocol?

It's a way for the league to keep some form of interest in a mid-season matchup between Arizona and Buffalo.

I look forward to how the team handles the challenge. Not as much as I look forward to building this new Lego set...  but forward. Challenge. Adversity. <trails off mumbling brick brick something>

WTF is happening tonight?! I am soooo confused.

31 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

My wife wants to watch the notebook if i dont watch the game So I think I'm pretty much *****.

Sorry bro, I would suggest you get a digestive tract illness & spend night in bathroom! 🚽🧻

9 hours ago, Derrico said:

Who’s staying up for this one??

Me me me!  Of course I'm an hour west of you ET guys.  And I can't guarantee I'll last the whole game.  I rode my bike 30 miles today, moved a couple couches and walked my dogs two and a half miles.  When I was younger I could take all that in stride but at my advanced age I think I'll be sleeping pretty good tonight.

The new (to me couch):

image.thumb.png.c6a0beef8bb2e594f7b36efe3225fa83.png

A friend of mine is moving and is getting rid of a bunch of his furniture.

• Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Well that puts tonight in serious jeopardy and tomorrow sound like a war crime.

Losing Dahlin hurts.  But Asplund & Olofsson have been playing like they could use a break for the better part of the past month or 2.

Was hoping they'd put in Tokarski tonight & Anderson tomorrow.  They'll need Anderson on his game tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

@klos1963 Nice job representing SS.  I considered driving across the desert this morning, but their performance this year does not warrant a 10 hour round trip.  Enjoy.

@Taro T slight disagreement on goal only because there is no chance they beat the Avs tomorrow.  Not unless Dom was reincarnated.  Go for the win tonight.

Does Muel see first line minutes?  He must right?

Macabre Winter.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.