2022 World Junior Championship-Dec 26 to Jan 5 in Edmonton and Red Deer, Alberta.

Norcal

37 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Russia forfeits to Slovakia 

And Czech Republic to Finland.

30 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Seems obvious that this tournament isn't going to be right, one way or another.  Three forfeits so far, at least two of which should have been clean wins in favor of the forfeiting team.

Edited by Eleven

18 hours ago, Norcal said:

Pierre loves Perfetti and I'm not sure why? 

His favourite player is Kyle Wellwood

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Bedard is looking like he will be one of those "generational" picks. Wonder how many teams will tank for a shot at him?

On the flipside, I haven't been overly impressed with Shane Wright so far. I mean he hasn't been bad or anything, just hasn't done anything to validate that #1 ranking either. 

Tough game to judge anything by though. Austria is, well Austria. Germany will be a slightly better indicator. Not a top team, but a harder to score against one.

He looks incredible. 

Doesn't change the fact for me that I'm absolutely praying we aren't in the fight for him next season. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The IIHF should have planned for pro-COVID attitudes from large swaths of the population in Canada than in Europe.  For this tournament, they needed to totally isolate teams in one or two hotels and buy out the banquet facilities.

• Like (+1) 2

• spndnchz pinned and unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.