2022 World Junior Championship-Dec 26 to Jan 5 in Edmonton and Red Deer, Alberta.

Norcal

51 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

There A LOT of ppg players in the Swedish U20 League. Most of whom aren't likely to be as small in stature as Rosen. 

Again, if he's normal size or bigger I don't mind the pick at 14.

If he's this size, but a much better proven point producer, I don't mind the pick.

Given both shortcomings, I hate the pick. Hopefully, he develops and I wear egg on my face for this.

There are only 20, 18yr olds at or over a 1.00ppg and only 7 2021 drafted players over that mark.

Fun fact William Von Barnekow is one of those players. 

• Like (+1) 2

Bedard made something happen every shift. He wasn’t in the top six but generated offence all night.

He had a chance at #5 but dished to a line mate. His stick blew up on his last shot attempt as well.

Power didn’t get much ice time because they dressed and played 8 D. He will be relied upon in the close games.

Bedard is looking like he will be one of those "generational" picks. Wonder how many teams will tank for a shot at him?

On the flipside, I haven't been overly impressed with Shane Wright so far. I mean he hasn't been bad or anything, just hasn't done anything to validate that #1 ranking either. 

Tough game to judge anything by though. Austria is, well Austria. Germany will be a slightly better indicator. Not a top team, but a harder to score against one.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Bedard is looking like he will be one of those "generational" picks. Wonder how many teams will tank for a shot at him?

On the flipside, I haven't been overly impressed with Shane Wright so far. I mean he hasn't been bad or anything, just hasn't done anything to validate that #1 ranking either. 

Tough game to judge anything by though. Austria is, well Austria. Germany will be a slightly better indicator. Not a top team, but a harder to score against one.

Wright’s performance so far reminds me of Quinton Byfield. Byfield only had one good game in two years of playing this tournament.

Keep in mind Wright is the second youngest player on the team and he is the consensus #1 pick, not a generational player.

I expected more from him, maybe he is feeling the pressure of it all.

Bedard is elite, he and Michkov could end up in a Crosby/Ovechkin rivalry for many years. Bob McKenzie also adds Adam Fantilli to those names.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.