2022 World Junior Championship-Dec 26 to Jan 5 in Edmonton and Red Deer, Alberta.

Norcal

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Lambert speed is nuts today hopefully this tournament wakes him up and he goes all out the rest of the year

imo Lambert will need an attitude adjustment to be a truly effective NHL player. Seems a little full of himself and is a bit of a turns it on and off when he wants to kind of guy. Not a hard working team guy. Skilled, but not what I want for the Sabres. 

8 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Should I be concerned that I've casually watched 2 Sweden games and neither seen nor heard Rosen's name?

I totally agree, he’s been invisible. This is why I have said for many years this team needs to invest heavily in a great scouting staff. You need to be finding players in later rounds as well. 

54 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I totally agree, he’s been invisible. This is why I have said for many years this team needs to invest heavily in a great scouting staff. You need to be finding players in later rounds as well. 

You should Google Novikov, Nadeau, and Bloom. One of them is in this tourney too.

1 hour ago, SabresBillsFan said:

He’s a first round pick

Rosen looks fast and invested but accomplished very little in the game I saw.

Got some time on the 2nd unit PP but overall not a ton of ice time. Seemed to be an afterthought in his coach’s mind, more of a Hinostroza role.

Did not showcase anything that screamed “1st rounder”

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Rosen’s career is over. He will never recover from this. Are the Sabres allowed to disown him before the tournament even ends? They didn’t do it with Jack Quinn during last year’s tournament and we are stuck with him now.😜

What did you think of his play?

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

What did you think of his play?

The package is noticeable but he has no results yet. SWeden are deep and he is not being used in an offensive role. He seems to be very alert defensively and has broken up a handful of opportunities. His wheels are elite when he gets a chance to use them.

He is slight of build. Rosen is a homerun risk type pick. The hope is he puts on weight and in 3-4 years is a star player with his skating and shot.

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The package is noticeable but he has no results yet. SWeden are deep and he is not being used in an offensive role. He seems to be very alert defensively and has broken up a handful of opportunities. His wheels are elite when he gets a chance to use them.

He is slight of build. Rosen is a homerun risk type pick. The hope is he puts on weight and in 3-4 years is a star player with his skating and shot.

I actually thought he might have had an assist on the 2nd goal. He rotated back alertly on D and broke up the rush smartly, leading to the rush that scored.

He also didn’t look as tiny as I expected and was not getting overpowered. And, as I said in my original post, he looked engaged and responsible and fast.

However, he didn’t actually do anything - lead rushes, force turnovers, create chances, get chances… You’d expect a kid who had been playing against men all year to show more against boys.

The most frustrating thing was his lack of ice time. I think he had maybe 8 shifts in the last 2 periods? He is the 3rd-highest drafted forward on that roster (Eklund, Holtz) but he is also one of its youngest players. He may have a coach who looks to his vets first.

Hopefully he gets more chances as the tourney progresses. I thought Team Sweden put out a real selfish, entitled vibe against Slovakia. They are going to need to adjust something if they want to progress in this tourney.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Rosen’s career is over. He will never recover from this. Are the Sabres allowed to disown him before the tournament even ends? They didn’t do it with Jack Quinn during last year’s tournament and we are stuck with him now.😜

Quinn had a decent tourney last year. Showed well in fact. Especially on the D side of things, which was surprising. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

The issue with the Rosen pick is there wasn't overwhelming production to compensate for his small size, save for a small sample size at the U18's.

Usually at 14th you can get a small kid with great numbers like a Caufield, or a bigger kid like a Zemgus that you may (or may not) be able to develop into a top liner.

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

The issue with the Rosen pick is there wasn't overwhelming production to compensate for his small size, save for a small sample size at the U18's.

Usually at 14th you can get a small kid with great numbers like a Caufield, or a bigger kid like a Zemgus that you may (or may not) be able to develop into a top liner.

Rosen is a ppg player at the j20 level in Sweden. He was a hair under ppg last year and in the 12 games this year he is exactly a ppg player. 

If Rosen was playing all his games in the j20, no one would be questioning him. That said Ville Koivunen is another Carolina draft steal.

• Like (+1) 1

There A LOT of ppg players in the Swedish U20 League. Most of whom aren't likely to be as small in stature as Rosen. 

Again, if he's normal size or bigger I don't mind the pick at 14.

If he's this size, but a much better proven point producer, I don't mind the pick.

Given both shortcomings, I hate the pick. Hopefully, he develops and I wear egg on my face for this.

Edited by JoeSchmoe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.