GDT: Sabres at NY Rangers, November 21, 2021, 6pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I don’t suspect this will end well unless we have another goalie miracle and we play good in our own end. NY is really talented. 

They have a -1 goal differential and are a mediocre team. They have better goaltending than us but I fully expect Buffalo to over take the rangers in talent by next year. Their prospect pool and gm are meh.

22 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This came up in another thread but just imagine replacing Butcher with Power, Miller with Jokiharju, Hagg with Samuelsson. At forward Hinostra with Tuch, Bjork Ruots Hayden with Peterka Krebs Quinn.

That's what we're looking at in April and September. 

• Like (+1) 3

Fall 2022

Skinner Thompson Asplund

Peterka Cozens Tuch

Zemgus MITTS Okposo 

Olofsson Krebs Quinn (I put olofsson here so they have a vet and because I think it works) 

Dahlin - ?Pysyk

Power - Jokiharju 

Samuelsson - Bryson

Edited by LGR4GM
added Mittelstadt back to the team
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

They have a -1 goal differential and are a mediocre team. They have better goaltending than us but I fully expect Buffalo to over take the rangers in talent by next year. Their prospect pool and gm are meh.

Just a thought. Should you use the word skill instead of talent? Is talent potential skill? It strikes me that you're hung up on talent, which doesn't always mean anything. Skill, however...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Just a thought. Should you use the word skill instead of talent? Is talent potential skill? It strikes me that you're hung up on talent, which doesn't always mean anything. Skill, however...

Hmm you could argue that. Talent is is potential while skill is actual things you can do. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Fall 2022

Skinner Thompson Asplund

Peterka Cozens Tuch

Zemgus someone Okposo 

Olofsson Krebs Quinn (I put olofsson here so they have a vet and because I think it works) 

Dahlin - ?Pysyk

Power - Jokiharju 

Samuelsson - Bryson

Mitts? 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I find this reallly interesting.

Skill: the ability to do something that comes from training, experience, or practice
Talent: a special often athletic, creative, or artistic aptitude

Without the talent you’ll never achieve the skill. If you look at the literal definitions, I think LGR has it right. The Sabres are a skilled team that is held back by its talent.

But I could see the other way, as well.

WORDS!!!  (I actually find them way more interesting than a game against the Rangers.)

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I find this reallly interesting.

Skill: the ability to do something that comes from training, experience, or practice
Talent: a special often athletic, creative, or artistic aptitude

Without the talent you’ll never achieve the skill. If you look at the literal definitions, I think LGR has it right. The Sabres are a skilled team that is held back by its talent.

But I could see the other way, as well.

WORDS!!!  (I actually find them way more interesting than a game against the Rangers.)

See also: have the Sabres offended you today?

I predict the Sabres will win tonight.  5-4.  Granato will have them ready after the Calgary performance.  He's had the time to prepare the guys for this game.  We surprised the Oilers when we played them and won (again there was lots of prep time ahead of that game too).  Let's see how the game plays out.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Fall 2022

Skinner Thompson Asplund

Peterka Cozens Tuch

Zemgus MITTS Okposo 

Dahlin - ?Pysyk Nemec

Power - Jokiharju 

Samuelsson - Bryson

You know... if you slot Simon Nemec into the Pysyk slot this looks so much better. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.