Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

True.  But that was 2 CBA iterations ago.  (If the MOU extension counts as an iteration, & IMHO it should.)

But the rules weren't different when Buffalo tried to do it.  The league stepped in and said Buffalo wasn't allowed to dress two players in the playoffs unless they could fit on the last day of the season roster.  There was no rule in place at the time that made this a requirement.  M. F. T.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

League surely needs to examine this situation.  We can’t be having this every season.

52 minutes ago, Weave said:

MFT  When the Sabres tried to do this very thing the same League Commissioner told them they couldn't do it.

43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

True.  But that was 2 CBA iterations ago.  (If the MOU extension counts as an iteration, & IMHO it should.)

It warms the cockles of my heart that the league that can’t come close to getting out of its own way when it comes to self promotion, player discipline and CBA legalese created this problem it’s can’t run away from.  

I wanna go full "Jack Who?" and most of the time I am.

But his first night back in Buffalo is going to be painful.

it will start out with nice things in the media, but there will be enough fans like @Cal Naughton Jr in the house to give him a less than warm welcome and there will drama over a Terry-mandated half-assed or non-existent salute.

And Jack will get red-faced, and his very good team will be on, and he/they will cut through Cody Eakin and Dustin Tokarski and company like the tissue paper they are.

Then 10 years of pent-up anger over the unfulfilled promises of Terry Pegula will erupt across Sabre fandom as Jack rubs our faces in what should have been ours.

It's going to be ugly.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

You’re right. We should welcome him back to the arena and shower him with cheers. Maybe make it “Jack Eichel appreciation night”. Or would that be too sad for you?

Mark my words… At some point they will have a Jack Eichel  “thank you video” during the commercial break at some point when he visits buffalo again as a VGK.

it won’t be an obnoxious extreme like you’re suggesting … Of having a Jack Eichel appreciation night. 

if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to boo him, then go for it. You won’t be the only one doing it. So maybe that’ll give you comfort to. 

but it’s also OK to not boo Eichel. And by not booing him that doesn’t automatically mean that you think he’s awesome or that you agree with everything he did while he was with the Sabres. 

some people like making booing sounds out of their mouth during a sporting event. It makes them feel good inside for whatever reason.

… And some people don’t.

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Mark my words… At some point they will have a Jack Eichel  “thank you video” during the commercial break at some point when he visits buffalo again as a VGK.

it won’t be an obnoxious extreme like you’re suggesting … Of having a Jack Eichel appreciation night. 

if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to boo him, then go for it. You won’t be the only one doing it. So maybe that’ll give you comfort to. 

but it’s also OK to not boo Eichel. And by not booing him that doesn’t automatically mean that you think he’s awesome or that you agree with everything he did while he was with the Sabres. 

some people like making booing sounds out of their mouth during a sporting event. It makes them feel good inside for whatever reason.

… And some people don’t.

If they do it's because Kevyn or someone else in the front office managed to talk Terry into it.

I don't think Terry is too fond of Jack these days.

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

… And some people don’t.

I don’t blame Jack for wanting to leave. All that losing had to take a toll. But I also hate him for it. Fan bases have had jersey burnings for less. I won’t go that far. I do have an Eichel signed jersey for sale though if anyone is interested 

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If they do it's because Kevyn or someone else in the front office managed to talk Terry into it.

I don't think Terry is too fond of Jack these days.

Why would anyone on this team even want to do such a thing? What’s there to celebrate him for? Being the best player on a bad team and throwing a pitty party to force his way out? 

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why would anyone on this team even want to do such a thing? What’s there to celebrate him for? Being the best player on a bad team and throwing a pitty party to force his way out? 

I don't know if Eichel completely warrants a mention, but he was the face of the franchise for like six years and the Captain for a few. It's not unreasonable to show some class now that it's all over.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I don't know if Eichel completely warrants a mention, but he was the face of the franchise for like six years and the Captain for a few. It's not unreasonable to show some class now that it's all over.

Meh..with how badly things ended here I think it’s best we just move on. It would be a bad look to play a tribute video and then he immediately gets booed out of the arena by the dozens of fans in attendance 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Meh..with how badly things ended here I think it’s best we just move on. It would be a bad look to play a tribute video and then he immediately gets booed out of the arena by the dozens of fans in attendance 

Dozens? Are they giving away tickets now?

• Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

We got Tuch i believe the knights will regret moving him i could see him being a regular 80-90 point player 

That's an unusually optimistic take out of you.

Are you feeling okay?  😉

42 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Didn't VGK do a little recognition video of Tuch when they played in Vegas?  And he wasn't even one of their top-top players.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.