Casey Mittlestadt Signs 3 years 2.5 AAV extension with the Sabres

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Casey Mittlestadt Signs 3 years 2.5 AAV extension with the Sabres
1 hour ago, Thorny said:

So that would be 7 contract years dried up after this one, but he's still RFA at the end, right? I don't think the first year, that burned a year on his ELC, counts towards the 7 needed to achieve FA?

ask capfriendly

This will end up being a huge bargain for the Sabres.  @Thorny weren't you just asking when the RFAs will sign?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

ask capfriendly

This is end up being a huge bargain for the Sabres.  @Thorny weren't you just asking when the RFAs will sign?

I was wondering, but mostly about Rasmus.

+++++

This is a good deal for both.

Does a non-NASCAR sweater number come with it?

If Krueger would have been kept on much longer an emerging player like Mitts would have been submerged. I don't know how many wins the Sabres are going to garner this year but watching the younger players getting better is what is going to make this season interesting. I'm intrigued to see what his ceiling is. Is he a good 3C or capable of  being a 2C caliber of player? If Krueger would have been retained a player such as Dahlin might like Jack be in the same category of wanting out in the not too distant future. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

That's a lot for someone with a very small sample size of success.  We'll see if the gamble pays off.  I guess we need to hit the cap floor somehow, right?

He makes $300k more per season than Girgensons.   I know two wrongs don’t make a right but this contract is fair. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Yeah, this is a fair deal for all parties involved.  Hopefully we see the same for Joker and Dahlin.

I'd like to see Dahlin get term so we're looking at some REAL value in a few years. I don't want them walking him to RFA like they did Reinhart.

- - - 

Carolina went term with Svechnikov and I think the Sabres would be smart to do the same. If not, why they heck are we molding an entire rebuild around the dude if we aren't confident he's worth locking up for the long run 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Thwomp! said:

That's a lot for someone with a very small sample size of success.  We'll see if the gamble pays off.  I guess we need to hit the cap floor somehow, right?

I think it's a pretty good value, actually.

54 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I was wondering, but mostly about Rasmus.

+++++

This is a good deal for both.

Does a non-NASCAR sweater number come with it?

If Casey wants it I suppose.  I think he's settled in just fine at 37.

• Like (+1) 1

Development curves are weird.

But in the last month of the season I saw the player I thought he was going to be in junior.

I’d be prettysurprised if Casey isn’t our highest-scoring forward this year.

This contract has the potential to be a real bargain.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.