Sabres sign Goalie Craig Anderson to One Year 750k Deal

Brawndo

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Would TP have money in the budget to get some black paint (or even some black tape) to turn the 00's into 8's?

If he did, it would be at the cost of spelling the name FRANKLIN wrong on the back. 

We would have another OKOPOSO or ROBITALLE or ANDREYCHUCK on our hands. 

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Tell you what:  If it comes out that Ryan Miller is going to be a goaltender anywhere other than NYC, LA/ANA, or Toronto (remember, the border still is closed) next season, AND that the Sabres didn't ask him to come here next season, I'll give your theory that the Sabres screwed up some credit.

Until then, it's all speculative crap.

I never said they screwed up by not signing, I was just saying that if they were going to talk a goalie out of retirement, why not the last good goalie the team had here who just retired at the end of the season.

and yeah, I'm aware that the border is still closed, but its not stopping actors from being here to film (the cast of the netflix hit 'The Umbrella academy' are filiming in Hamilton and were at Canadas Wonderland today in Toronto. Also the Canadian border is allowing sports teams to travel accross the border to play with the Jays having their true 'Home Opener' on Friday against the Royals.

On 7/28/2021 at 8:47 PM, Norcal said:

This guy played in the playoffs last year atleast. He should have something to teach the young guys about what it takes to get there. 

Then hire him as a coach.  

Seriously, I wish we signed Ullmark, and then this guy was #2, I would not hate it. But until I see a legitimate move for a goalie I’m gonna complain. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, dejeanneret said:

Awesome.  Not counting 4 games this past season his record and GAA the last 3 previous seasons is worse than Carter Hutton.  Maybe he can't see either?

His save percentage is better. Those 3 seasons were also with some terrible Ottawa teams, so he has some experience in front of garbage teams.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m not gonna engage in easy low hanging fruit. 
I hope he does well. I hope he plays better than Hutton did in his first season with the Sabres. Any better and it’s a bonus in my eyes. Low expectations. Keep the GAA below 2.6 and hope for the best. If he’s the starter, so be it.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I never said they screwed up by not signing, I was just saying that if they were going to talk a goalie out of retirement, why not the last good goalie the team had here who just retired at the end of the season.

and yeah, I'm aware that the border is still closed, but its not stopping actors from being here to film (the cast of the netflix hit 'The Umbrella academy' are filiming in Hamilton and were at Canadas Wonderland today in Toronto. Also the Canadian border is allowing sports teams to travel accross the border to play with the Jays having their true 'Home Opener' on Friday against the Royals.

It's speculative crap no matter how you want to try to repackage it.

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I’m not gonna engage in easy low hanging fruit. 
I hope he does well. I hope he plays better than Hutton did in his first season with the Sabres. Any better and it’s a bonus in my eyes. Low expectations. Keep the GAA below 2.6 and hope for the best. If he’s the starter, so be it.

^ This is what is happening to our fan base.  Low expectations or no expectations.  Hutton is the chinning bar for a goalie?  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.