Sabres sign Goalie Craig Anderson to One Year 750k Deal

Brawndo

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So you want UPL to play 20-30 games in Buffalo as opposed to 50-60 games in Rochester? That is what all of you think would be best. 

Goalies are not like football players, forwards, or defenders. UPL has played 28 total games at the NHL and AHL level, he needs a full year of the AHL not some Frankenstein's monster version of 25 games for the Sabres. The only reason you want this is because you think UPL has a better chance than Anderson of being good. UPL has 11 professional wins at the NHL or AHL level, the fact this board or a segment of it thinks he's NHL ready is shocking. 

I’m not saying that it’s a good plan…

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That's a complete bastardization of Adams and what he wants. Wanting the kids to get playing time is not the same as "***** it! all the young guys to the NHL!" 

UPL is not playing the full season in the AHL. He's probably going to get 20 games at least in the NHL

22 minutes ago, inkman said:

If they start the season with Anderson and Dell as their goalies, I’m going to be suspicious of Adams process.  UPL needs at least half a season in the A to get some valuable pro experience.  

Suspicious how?  Suspicious that his process is what?

22 minutes ago, inkman said:

If they start the season with Anderson and Dell as their goalies, I’m going to be suspicious of Adams process.  UPL needs at least half a season in the A to get some valuable pro experience.  

• Like (+1) 1

Paul Hamilton was on WGR on the morning show talking about the goaltending situation. He said that the Sabres are going to give UPL a chance to earn a roster spot in training camp with Anderson being the backup and mentor. It's probably more likely that UPL will start off in Rochester and then get a call-up. My leaning is toward bringing in another goalie and not rush UPL. Getting a lot of playing time in the AHL helped Mitts and Thompson be better prepared when they were moved up the ranks. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

Suspicious of his methods.  UPL most likely needs some work before thanking the reigns in Buffalo.  If Adams throws him to the wolves, it will make me question a lot of his decisions. 

Just now, inkman said:

Suspicious of his methods.  UPL most likely needs some work before thanking the reigns in Buffalo.  If Adams throws him to the wolves, it will make me question a lot of his decisions. 

What if Adams throws UPL to the wolves and he does well? And if Adams throws UPL to the wolves and he falters, then why would that be so catastrophic? He could use that hardship experience to benefit him even when he gets sent back down to the AHL. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, inkman said:

Unless another viable goalie shakes loose before the season begins, I think some combo of UPL, Anderson and Dell is what we go with. But I think UPL will be given the chance to stick.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

He's made over 40 million dollars he should be good for life 

Why does it bother you that a player makes a decision that he feels is in his best interest? He's doing what he wants to do. It's his business and should be no concern of yours. In other words (MYOB) i.e. shorthand for MY YOUR OWN BUSINESS. He doesn't tell you what to do and you shouldn't tell him what to do. 

He will make the roster if he earns it. If he isn't good enough he will be back living in Florida. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I expect goalie camp to be wide open. Best man starts. 2nd place gets you steak knives. Third place? You're fired!

Glengarry-Glen-Ross-8.jpg

I want to see Craig come in the locker room and go all Blake on their $hit first day.....

This watch costs more than your car. I made $39,000,000 in my career. How much you make? You see, pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. You're a nice guy? I don't give a *****. Good father? F*ck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna play here? WIN! You think I'm too hard on you? You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you c0ck$ucker? If you can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get in the playoffs? You don't like it, leave. I can go out there tonight with the equipment and defense you've got and save 60 shots myself. Tonight! In two hours! Can you? Can YOU? Go and do likewise. Get mad you son of a *****! Get mad! You want to know what it takes to win games in the NHL. It takes BRASS BALLS to wing in the NHL! Go and do likewise, gents. The money's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you. WIN! It's yours. If not, you're gonna be sharpening my skates. And you know what you'll be saying - a bunch of losers sittin' around in a bar? 'Oh yeah. I used to be an NHL player. It's a tough racket.'  I'd wish you all good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer your question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Terry and Kim asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and fire your ***** ass, because a loser is a loser!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Why does it bother you that a player makes a decision that he feels is in his best interest? He's doing what he wants to do. It's his business and should be no concern of yours. In other words (MYOB) i.e. shorthand for MY YOUR OWN BUSINESS. He doesn't tell you what to do and you shouldn't tell him what to do. 

He will make the roster if he earns it. If he isn't good enough he will be back living in Florida. 

Yes just like Kyle won't  Retire when his family has asked him repeatedly please do it .

I would like players to leave the game healthy and not have any side effects

Sorry for  Triggering you

And it's ( Mind Your Own Business)

Edited by Buffalonill

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes just like Kyle won't  Retire when his family has asked him repeatedly please do it .

Kyle doesn't need you to give him advice as whether to play or retire. That's his decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Why do you invent problems? Anderson has problems because he decided to play 1 more year of NHL hockey? That's basically your argument without a single bit of proof. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

So you want UPL to play 20-30 games in Buffalo as opposed to 50-60 games in Rochester? That is what all of you think would be best. 

Goalies are not like football players, forwards, or defenders. UPL has played 28 total games at the NHL and AHL level, he needs a full year of the AHL not some Frankenstein's monster version of 25 games for the Sabres. The only reason you want this is because you think UPL has a better chance than Anderson of being good. UPL has 11 professional wins at the NHL or AHL level, the fact this board or a segment of it thinks he's NHL ready is shocking. 

Um, okay.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Clearly you've missed everything that has happened to him and his family 

He and his family are very much aware of what their family has experienced.  And having gone through their experiences he and his wife made the mutual decision to play another season in Buffalo. I'm confident that they know better what is right for them and their family than an outside busybody. MYOB!

Edited by JohnC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.