Sabres sign Goalie Craig Anderson to One Year 750k Deal

Brawndo

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

Paul Hamilton was on WGR on the morning show talking about the goaltending situation. He said that the Sabres are going to give UPL a chance to earn a roster spot in training camp with Anderson being the backup and mentor. It's probably more likely that UPL will start off in Rochester and then get a call-up. My leaning is toward bringing in another goalie and not rush UPL. Getting a lot of playing time in the AHL helped Mitts and Thompson be better prepared when they were moved up the ranks. 

Hamilton is saying that because they signed Dell to a 2 way contract.  I don't think he has any more insight than that. 

I agree that we should be planning on bringing in another veteran that can play.  Goaltending has been an issue for us and we are much worse on paper right now than we have been in past years.  I do support having Anderson but it looks like a poor plan right now without another capable goaltender.

54 minutes ago, Digger said:

Hamilton is saying that because they signed Dell to a 2 way contract.  I don't think he has any more insight than that. 

I agree that we should be planning on bringing in another veteran that can play.  Goaltending has been an issue for us and we are much worse on paper right now than we have been in past years.  I do support having Anderson but it looks like a poor plan right now without another capable goaltender.

Paul never has any insight ever. Kinda strange since he has more access to the team than any media member.  

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Digger said:

The difference between having capable goaltending instead of incapable goaltending was starkly evident when Ullmark played last year. When he played the team not only matched up but it won a good share of games. When option B had to be counted on the team stood no chance. There were so many occasions when after Hutton let in a soft goal you can see the deflation in the  players. I'm just hoping another goaltender will be brought in to give support to the rest of the lineup.

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Paul never has any insight ever. Kinda strange since he has more access to the team than any media member.  

When you see the same deficiencies for years you don't need much insight. What you see is what you see. Nothing new is nothing new. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The difference between having capable goaltending instead of incapable goaltending was starkly evident when Ullmark played last year. When he played the team not only matched up but it won a good share of games. When option B had to be counted on the team stood no chance. There were so many occasions when after Hutton let in a soft goal you can see the deflation in the  players. I'm just hoping another goaltender will be brought in to give support to the rest of the lineup.

When you see the same deficiencies for years you don't need much insight. What you see is what you see. Nothing new is nothing new. 

I see no need to stick up for that hack. 

On 8/6/2021 at 7:19 PM, JohnC said:

Hutton was brutal for softies.  It was like one a game.  The guy had 0 shortside awareness, which was just brutal when the teams killing penalties.  And then Johansson was just a rebound machine and no puck awareness around him.  Neither should be playing in the NHL without fixing those issues.

On 8/6/2021 at 6:20 PM, Digger said:

KA is not bringing in any more goalies, unless the John trade leads to one. 

• 5 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.