Rasmus Ristolainen traded to Philadelphia for LHD Hagg, 2021 1st (14), and a 2023 2nd

Thorny

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I mean, you are absolutely right. It's funny though, cause it just comes down to the fact you can view the deal under two very different mindsets:

The odds are that Philadelphia will get the better NHL net output from this deal, I'd say. It's unlikely* the pick is as good as Ristolainen, looking through past records, and it's not likely the other two assets make up the difference. 

But in terms of the accepted league wide value attributed to assets, on average, Adams did very well. 

Both can be true, but we'll have to see.

*Not "very" unlikely, but it's less than 50% imo. (There is certainly the possibility they draft well and come out strong on both fronts. Again, have to see.)

This is precisely correct. Based on the value in this league it was a smashing success.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I know it's a joke but would the NHL care is Beane was actually advising? Would the NFL?

I assume there wouldn’t be an issue. Russ Brandon worked for both teams at the same time.

Edit: okay, “worked” isn’t a great word here.

Edited by Hoss
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

or by getting this pick they get the D they want in Power and a quality center prospect with this pick.  Maybe this trade is a hint that Power is the pick.  I still hope not, but maybe.

i dont think we need a hint  Power is the pick. hes been the pick for the last 2 months 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I know it's a joke but would the NHL care is Beane was actually advising? Would the NFL?

They both work for the Pegulas… Would be a mistake if they didn’t encourage Beane to mentor Adams on the challenges of the non-hockey GM strategies, processes, and tasks… 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Wonder who ends up with the #14 overall pick tonight.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's used in another trade so a team giving up a top 10 doesn't fall too far.

Just saying... 🙂

And that's fine.. because.. well even if it's not.. that's a great return for Risto.  And the Flyers fans can look forward to Ovechkin/Risto more often now!

Between Ovi and the Pens, I'm sure risto is content. 

And I agree. People who don't like getting 13 will like the potential things that 13 can get us or help us get if we choose to use it that way 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.