NHL Fire Sale: Roster Freeze Ends, 1pm eastern, 7/22

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Wow. That’s a bad trade for the Rangers but also kind of funny considering every Rangers fan tried claiming he was a centerpiece in an Eichel deal.

What's the point of that deal for them? Does it free up cap space for Eichel?

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Is this trade not so bad that there just *has* to be another deal for them coming?

I don't understand how trading an RFA right now helps them with something later (such as Eichel) considering they already have more than enough space with no one massive player to sign. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't understand how trading an RFA right now helps them with something later (such as Eichel) considering they already have more than enough space with no one massive player to sign. 

I dunno but the deal looks weird no matter what from right now 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's possible that he doesn't fit as the type of player Drury wants.  He's an RFA so he moved him for the best deal he could get.

From Reddit, re Rangers: 

"I ***** them when I played against them, I ***** them with my contract playing for them, and now I'm ***** them as an executive"

The Chris Drury story.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.