NHL Fire Sale: Roster Freeze Ends, 1pm eastern, 7/22

LGR4GM

Just now, Thorny said:

The Buchnevich deal is shifting a lot of Rangers' fans view on a potential Eichel deal in real time lol. It's more less a demand, now 

Lafrienere better be involved or Adams shouldn't even take the call. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

The Buchnevich deal is shifting a lot of Rangers' fans view on a potential Eichel deal in real time lol. It's more less a demand, now 

A lot of people saying if there’s not an Eichel deal right behind this that the Goodrow and Buchnevich deals are a disaster. To that I say: okay, sure, but two bad deals aren’t made better by anything separate. They’re bad deals regardless. You could’ve sold Buchnevich for more AND made the Eichel deal.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Sure you can. Project into trade value space where all assets are treated in the same units. Kevyn did phenomenal compared to AZ

Arizona had two options to deal OEL because he would only go to Vancouver or Boston and has a bad long-term contract and was attached to Connor Garland. Trying to compare these trades is fantasy but has no use.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Arizona had two options to deal OEL because he would only go to Vancouver or Boston and has a bad long-term contract and was attached to Connor Garland. Trying to compare these trades is fantasy but has no use.

If you can't approximate the value of all facets of these two trades after years of watching hockey, even though they have different qualities, to notice the chasm in value, I'm not sure you were actually following hockey

4 minutes ago, Digger said:

Arizona back in the first round with 9OA.

I'm interested in what Bettman will be saying tonight about 11OA  pick that Arizona had to forfeit.  It looks funny to me that they will already have picked a player by then.  

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

If you can't approximate the value of all facets of these two trades after years of watching hockey, even though they have different qualities, to notice the chasm in value, I'm not sure you were actually following hockey

No, it’s just a stupid practice to partake in. There is a massive gap in the situations here. I think Arizona did fine because not a single one of those salaries they took back matters in a year.

Also: Arizona just got a top 10 pick. Could they …… swing at Eichel?

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

No, it’s just a stupid practice to partake in. There is a massive gap in the situations here. I think Arizona did fine because not a single one of those salaries they took back matters in a year.

Also: Arizona just got a top 10 pick. Could they …… swing at Eichel?

Eichel to the desert instead of Matthews. 

Bizarro timeline

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.