Expansion draft timeline and roster freezes

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

the stinking draft SHOULD'VE happened last off-season & the Sabres wouldn't even have lost either B nor B.  Hutton would've been the selection as had been planned when he was signed.  There was absolutely NOTHING of value the Sabres had to expose that year.

And for that reason F the Kraken. I hope they and their amazon-dome get swallowed up by Poseidon.

Season 18 Episode 10 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I think its utter BS that Vegas is exempt from the draft yet the 31st ranked team has to lose a player.   

Don't fret. One of the benefits of being the 31st ranked team is that it has little to offer and little to lose. 

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

So there's a deadline to ask a player on your roster a question?   

There's a deadline to send the request to the agent and then the agent has to track down the player and discuss their options and get back to the team.

What happens if a request is sent and the player never replies? Is the NMC waived in that scenario?

Just now, Mustache of God said:

There's a deadline to send the request to the agent and then the agent has to track down the player and discuss their options and get back to the team.

What happens if a request is sent and the player never replies? Is the NMC waived in that scenario?

No

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Vegas paid $500 for the expansion fee that that was part of the agreement, I think the current thinking was that they'd still be developing a team and it'd be unfair to disrupt that so early on. Instead they content for the cup every year.

what a joke

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Vegas paid $500 for the expansion fee that that was part of the agreement, I think the current thinking was that they'd still be developing a team and it'd be unfair to disrupt that so early on. Instead they content for the cup every year.

Yea that’s pretty lame. I can see that rule applying to the first three years of existence. But after three years, you are just like any other club and are a part of the expansion draft rules.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Pretty sure it's simpler than that.  The other 30 teams split Seattle's entry fee.  Vegas didn't get any of it.  Would expect Vegas would be fine w/ losing a player to get the extra cash.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure it's simpler than that.  The other 30 teams split Seattle's entry fee.  Vegas didn't get any of it.  Would expect Vegas would be fine w/ losing a player to get the extra cash.

I’m guessing they get more than 17 million by just being good.

40 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I’m guessing they get more than 17 million by just being good.

Seattle paid $650MM to join the club.

If you're a Pegula, you want $21MM or the rights to Will Borgen?

(The same question can be asked of all the other owners & the answer will be the same.)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Seattle paid $650MM to join the club.

If you're a Pegula, you want $21MM or the rights to Will Borgen?

(The same question can be asked of all the other owners & the answer will be the same.)

I meant Vegas.

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

I meant Vegas.

Yes.  That was obvious.  But do you really think the owner of the Knights would prefer to keep one of his eighth exposable forward, his 4th exposable D man, or Fluery rather than have an extra $21 MM in his pocket?

That is a readily replaceable player especially for a "destination" team like Vegas.

(And it was easier to use the Sabres as the example because it is fairly likely that Borgen will be exposed and very likely selected.  No idea which Vegas players would need to be exposed and really don't care who their 7th, 8th, & 9th F's are.  Nor is there any desire to get into the inevitable completely tangential debate as to why the guy used as an example of their 8th F would never be the one exposed in the draft.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.