Dreger: Expects Sabres Head Coach will be hired next week

LGR4GM

He basically said he thought it might happen this week but thinks the process is basically done and an announcement will happen next week. Believes Granato is the hire but Tochett could be the dark horse. 

Says coach will be hired before Eichel trade in his belief. 

Everyone on this board has the coach hire and the Eichel return (Ducks), watch. Could be a first

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

This was the most useless interview I've ever listened to. I hate this guy

Just jealous of his oily hair ^

• Haha (+1) 1

Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet,

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This was the most useless interview I've ever listened to. I hate this guy

Goooood. Gooooood!

The question is: Is Dreger a recurring guest? Or is he simply being interviewed as someone who doesn't have the full information yet and therefore... shouldn't have been asked/paid for the interview today because there's no information? The main problem is simply that: "I don't know yet." doesn't make a good interview. So he has to take up an entire show segment saying "I don't know yet." in various ways.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Goooood. Gooooood!

The question is: Is Dreger a recurring guest? Or is he simply being interviewed as someone who doesn't have the full information yet and therefore... shouldn't have been asked/paid for the interview today because there's no information? The main problem is simply that: "I don't know yet." doesn't make a good interview. So he has to take up an entire show segment saying "I don't know yet." in various ways.

He's been a recurring guest for about 2 years or more.

18 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

All hockey and no coach makes @TheCerebral1 something, something...

Don't mind if I do!

I just look at everything that Tocchet has done, and said, he underachieved in Tampa Bay, with a Steven Stamkos in his 20's, he did nothing that promising in Arizona, though his teams were at least on the bubble of the playoffs, and I don't want a retread coach.  He might be a very nice guy, he seems like it in his interviews.  But, meh.   I'd rather go with Richardson, give Granato the reigns full time, or if we have to go the retread coaching route, at least give it to someone who has had success in Boudreau. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet, Just not Tocchet,

"Not Tocchet, eh? Are you sure? He could be great..... Well...if you're sure, better be..."

Granatodor!

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

My turn....

The Sabres will hire a new HC before the start of the season...and Jack, Sam and Risto may or may not be traded this offseason.  

How am I doing so far compared to Dreger?

Too specific.  You did not hedge with enough claptrap doubletalk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I actually would love to at least interview Richardson.

That's cool...  but do you think the Sabres would too?

Just pulling your leg, but do you think Richardson makes TOO much sense, and hence the Sabres aren't interested?

7 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I know nothing about Tocchet, what's wrong with him?

His systems are underwhelming and he's an average at best NHL Head Coach.  I don't have any specific insights, but he coached Arizona to mediocre results.  He reminds me of Bylsma, all over again.  Pass, we've seen that show before.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

My turn....

The Sabres will hire a new HC before the start of the season...and Jack, Sam and Risto may or may not be traded this offseason.  

How am I doing so far compared to Dreger?

To be fair he's a weekly guest and he's getting the same questions. If there's nothing to report that's what you'll get. Better than those who throw out anything without substance backing it up. I think LeBraun and Dreger are fine but their not going to throw out stuff just to get attention.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.