The German Partick kane is signing (Peterka)

Buffalonill

National player John Peterka is about to take his next step towards the NHL. As Ice Hockey NEWS has found out, the signature of the entry level contract with the Buffalo Sabers is about to begin. He will sign a three-year contract with the Sabers in the coming days.

Google translate.

https://www.eishockeynews.de/aktuell/artikel/2021/06/07/muenchens-nationalspieler-john-peterka-steht-kurz-vor-vertragsunterschrift-bei-nhl-club-buffalo-sabres/804356cb-ee60-4266-8132-b64e81e1ac65.html

• Like (+1) 5

He's a nice prospect.   

His unrelenting motor is a force multiplier in every zone.  He's hard on every puck.  He's an eager, willing combatant in board battles.  He's violent, disruptive -- a real pain in the ass.   He'll make second and third efforts where other players generally relent.  He's rarely, if ever stationary, constantly scanning the ice when the puck isn't on his stick.

...sounds like a KA kinda player.     In my uninformed amateurish opinion, he should stay overseas one more season and my source smartly agrees.

• Like (+1) 6

11 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He's a nice prospect.   

His unrelenting motor is a force multiplier in every zone.  He's hard on every puck.  He's an eager, willing combatant in board battles.  He's violent, disruptive -- a real pain in the ass.   He'll make second and third efforts where other players generally relent.  He's rarely, if ever stationary, constantly scanning the ice when the puck isn't on his stick.

...sounds like a KA kinda player.     In my uninformed amateurish opinion, he should stay overseas one more season and my source smartly agrees.

I take this as a inside joke here .

Anyways 5 years from now ( Redraft) top 5 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

I take this as a inside joke here .

Anyways 5 years from now ( Redraft) top 5 

It’s no joke, his source really does agree.

Of course his source is his Beagle mix Daisy, and she’ll agree with anything for a treat, but still..........

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Mitts 😎

Mitts, Cozens, Joki, Asplund, Thompson, Dahlin, Samuelsson, Bryson, Olofsson, Quinn and some additions if trades materialize that we expect this offseason. After this draft you can add Power or Beniers to the list. What this list demonstrates is that there is a young core to work with that offers some reasonable hope for the near future. Not all the listed players will be on the opening day Buffalo roster but all of them should soon be ready to play when given the opportunity. Needless to say the GM has to be deft this offseason and maximize the return on the expected departing assets. And if the goaltending is upgraded there will be fewer stairs to climb up to the next level of competitiveness. 

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

He's a nice prospect.   

...sounds like a KA kinda player.     

So a lot like This Guy

5286E77A-4CDA-4D29-B410-25F2AF79D131.webp

Sorry I Had Too

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't know who Byron Bader is but if he is ranking prospect pools and calls our goalies (UPL and Portillo) the 30th best group of prospect goalies then he knows nothing about hockey.

PS love JJP and was thrilled when he drafted him.  I believe he was the top player left on my consolidated list, had a mid 1st rd grade on my list and I read one scouting report at the time that said he was one of the most underrated players in the draft.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't know who Byron Bader is but if he is ranking prospect pools and calls our goalies (UPL and Portillo) the 30th best group of prospect goalies then he knows nothing about hockey.

No mention of JJ Peterka, the underager that finished 5th overall in scoring at the U20's either. 🥱

16 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

No mention of JJ Peterka, the underager that finished 5th overall in scoring at the U20's either. 🥱

Bader loves JJ. 

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

PS love JJP and was thrilled when he drafted him.  I believe he was the top player left on my consolidated list, had a mid 1st rd grade on my list and I read one scouting report at the time that said he was one of the most underrated players in the draft.

Until UPL shows consistency, I think he's in the ballpark on our gt prospects. Portillo is going to change minds next year though. 

I love it when I post stuff and it doesn't fit Sabres fans world view so it gets dismissed as wrong.

We're a ***** drafting team that also fails at development while also adding mostly overrated trash in free agency to fill out the roster. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I love it when I post stuff and it doesn't fit Sabres fans world view so it gets dismissed as wrong.

We're a ***** drafting team that also fails at development while also adding mostly overrated trash in free agency to fill out the roster. 

agreed....what have we done to get near the top of that list? If our prospects all pan out it will be a miracle...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.