The German Partick kane is signing (Peterka)

Buffalonill

The way I see it, the Sabres have five future NHLers: Peterka, Quinn, Samuelsson, Johnson and Lukkonnen. The rest are fringe or longshots.

I think all of those guys are going to be useful, mid-roster players, with Quinn and Lukkonnen having outside shots of being something more.

The fact that they don't have a stud in the mix might put that group a bit below average. The fact that Rasmus Dahlin and Dylan Cozens are already in the NHL makes up for that considerably.

I don't think the recent pipeline is the wasteland @LGR4GM makes it out to be, or the bed of roses @GASabresIUFAN seems to be lying in.

It's a pretty typical NHL group.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Curt said:

That’s cool, but my question is about the actual performance of his model.

How accurately does it actually predict who will become NHL contributors and stars?

Not sure how to answer this. If you look at the player profiles from past drafts it looks good. 

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The way I see it, the Sabres have five future NHLers: Peterka, Quinn, Samuelsson, Johnson and Lukkonnen. The rest are fringe or longshots.

I think all of those guys are going to be useful, mid-roster players, with Quinn and Lukkonnen having outside shots of being something more.

The fact that they don't have a stud in the mix might put that group a bit below average. The fact that Rasmus Dahlin and Dylan Cozens are already in the NHL makes up for that considerably.

I don't think the recent pipeline is the wasteland @LGR4GM makes it out to be, or the bed of roses @GASabresIUFAN seems to be lying in.

Not a wasteland but below average and the forward ranks are sad (it's basically just Quinn and Peterka)

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Forgot huglen, rousek

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Not sure how to answer this. If you look at the player profiles from past drafts it looks good. 

Not a wasteland but below average and the forward ranks are sad (it's basically just Quinn and Peterka)

It is below average, but IF the Sabres are to keep Eichel & Reinhart, they already have: Eichel, Reinhart, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Thompson, Asplund, & Bjork that are 25 or younger with the big club plus Olofsson is just outside that window.  That's 8 of your 12 F slots that can literally be held down for the next 6 seasons.  Add Quinn & Peterka and they are only relying on Skinner, Girgensons, & guys not in the system for 5 slots (2 in the top 12 & 3 to cover for injuries). 6 if they end up losing Bjork or Asplund in 2 months.

When youthful guys that have already graduated to the big club are included, the Sabres youth looks at least fringe playoff caliber for the foreseeable future provided Adams fixes the goaltending & gets the coach right AND doesn't decimate the top end.   (Some mighty big ifs, but the youthful talent pool isn't awful. (And, ALWAYS drafting top 8, that isn't where we'd like it to be, but it isn't awful, at a minimum.  And, before you see this post as something it isn't, am not saying you are saying it is awful.))

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Who was that ? 

Must be referring to Ehrhoff.  Rieder doesn't seem to fit the billing even though it's a stretch for the D-man as well.

Could it  be Hecht?  if not any of them, maybe David Hasselhof was in the running for coach?  😉 Save us Knightrider, you're our only hope. 😉

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

No, I didn't.

I didn't see them on your list ?

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Must be referring to Ehrhoff.  Rieder doesn't seem to fit the billing even though it's a stretch for the D-man as well.

Could it  be Hecht?  if not any of them, maybe David Hasselhof was in the running for coach?  😉 Save us Knightrider, you're our only hope. 😉

We Could have drafted a Hall of  Famer but  We all know that story

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

I didn't see them on your list ?

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Who was that ? 

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I immediately thought it was Krueger. 😬

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I’m not saying his model is trash, and it’s good conversation either way, but I’m not valuing above any other evaluation unless I have some evidence that it is actually effective.

33 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

rousek is a lock like JJ 

huglen i have hope for.

Rousek is a 22yr old who isn't even a ppg player in the Czech league. 

JJ is a 19 year old who will probably be a ppg player next year. 

Sure Rousek could be an impact player but it is unlikely. 

57 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It is below average, but IF the Sabres are to keep Eichel & Reinhart, they already have: Eichel, Reinhart, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Thompson, Asplund, & Bjork that are 25 or younger with the big club plus Olofsson is just outside that window.  That's 8 of your 12 F slots that can literally be held down for the next 6 seasons.  Add Quinn & Peterka and they are only relying on Skinner, Girgensons, & guys not in the system for 5 slots (2 in the top 12 & 3 to cover for injuries). 6 if they end up losing Bjork or Asplund in 2 months.

When youthful guys that have already graduated to the big club are included, the Sabres youth looks at least fringe playoff caliber for the foreseeable future provided Adams fixes the goaltending & gets the coach right AND doesn't decimate the top end.   (Some mighty big ifs, but the youthful talent pool isn't awful. (And, ALWAYS drafting top 8, that isn't where we'd like it to be, but it isn't awful, at a minimum.  And, before you see this post as something it isn't, am not saying you are saying it is awful.))

A lot of hope going on. Drafting is a numbers game and we need more in the system especially at forward. I think projecting that out for 6 years is exceedingly risky and 3 years is a better way to view things. This draft is vitally important as we have 5 picks in the top 3 rounds currently. 

Wouldn't these guys are be considered prospects in that they haven't played a full year?

Cozens, Johnson, Quinn, Peterka, Samuelson, Routs, Bryson, Borgen, Laaks, UPL, Portillo

Then you have Mitts, Thompson, Aspland, and Dahlin that are on the upward part of their trajectory curves but are no longer prospects.

Someone explain to me how the Leafs are 4th on LGR'S highly touted list???? Filip Hallander is their 3rd ranked prospect... And he was a 20yo 0.5ppg C in the SHL.

I'm not saying we're tops, but we're not 30th, nor are the Leafs 4th.

The list is trash.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

A lot of hope going on. Drafting is a numbers game and we need more in the system especially at forward. I think projecting that out for 6 years is exceedingly risky and 3 years is a better way to view things. This draft is vitally important as we have 5 picks in the top 3 rounds currently. 

Rousek is going to go the VO way and be a very nice player for us 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

To the bolded, absolutely.

Which is another part of why this is likely to be a long off-season.  Absolutely the wrong year to be heading into the draft with a skeleton crew of scouts.  Though the philosophical question of whether it is better to have a handful of good scouts (making the assumption that Adams kept the good ones) and few/ no bad ones or to have a large scouting staff wherein the bad ones outnumber the good ones (making the further presumption that Adams excised the bad ones; realizing that at this time, neither assumption has been proven to be true or false) could very well be tested this July. 

4 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Wouldn't these guys are be considered prospects in that they haven't played a full year?

Cozens, Johnson, Quinn, Peterka, Samuelson, Routs, Bryson, Borgen, Laaks, UPL, Portillo

Then you have Mitts, Thompson, Aspland, and Dahlin that are on the upward part of their trajectory curves but are no longer prospects.

Someone explain to me how the Leafs are 4th on LGR'S highly touted list???? Filip Hallander is their 3rd ranked prospect... And he was a 20yo 0.5ppg C in the SHL.

I'm not saying we're tops, but we're not 30th, nor are the Leafs 4th.

The list is trash.

You are entitled to your opinion. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.