Sabres have 35% Drop in Viewership

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres have 35% Drop in Viewership
2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Unwatchable garbage. Thanks Kim and Terry. A monkey with a type writer could draft better than this team has in the last decade. 

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If I only have it on while doing something else, the casual fan has got to be long gone.

You have an unwatchable team losing over and over and over again, chaotic management, players wanting out, etc.  It is amazing this took so long.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

3rd year in a row I probably watched less than 5 games per year from start to finish.....and I was one of their biggest fans up until then. If I dropped off, the casual fan has tuned out conpletely.

My sitting through an entire Sabres game has dwindled considerably. I did find after the coaching change the team to be much easier to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m partially to blame, I admit I don’t really watch the games anymore. As a busy husband/ father who works nights and is a volunteer ff there is only so much time in a day... not worth making the sacrifice to see the product that ownership is icing. 

• Like (+1) 3

I grew up in the Buffalo area, attending many games and watching most of the others on TV.  I have lived outside of the market for a number of years now, but I am willing to spend the money for the NHL Center Ice package so that I can watch my beloved Sabres.  That said, I only pony up the money for it if I believe the team is competitive and it is worth investing my time (and money) to watch the games.  It's been a long time since I have spent that money.  Every year, I'm open to it and will be next year too.  Is there a point at which I'm done and no longer open to it?  I haven't gotten there yet, but who knows what the future will hold.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This His the Potential to hurt them in terms of advertising revenue next season. I imagine advertising partners are going to want to reduce fees if 35% less people are watching 

How much does this create an imperative for a big name coach?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.