2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No question other then center, but that’s not how the talent in this drafts falls.  For us at 9 it looks like the best available will be a winger.  At 16 LHD and center should be available.  At 30 ish RHD comes into play.  At 41 it looks like RHD and center are the top choices

Yeah, but to quibble, RHD is much much weaker than C organizationally.  At C there are young players under team control in Thommer, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Krebs as options.  RHD has no such depth.

I just doubt they will go LHD at 9 or 16.  I think they would just go F.  Anything could happen though.

Edited by Curt

40 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That's how you view it but i think that's not how Buffalo will. Conjecture on my part though. 

After Nemec and Jiricek, who is the next RHD on your board? 

On my board in the 12-20 tier I have LHD Mintyukov, Mateychuk, Korchinski, and Pickering and centers Geekie, Lambert, Kasper and McGroarty.  

From 25 to 34 I have RHD Nelson, Luneau, and Chesley and centers DelBelBelluz, Gaucher, Kulich. and Beck

Around 41 I have RHD Lamoureux and Casey, LHD like Hutson and Warren and then a pile of centers from Jack Hughes, Ostlund, Pooitras, Lorenz, and Trikozov.  A couple of other RHD also have support in this area in Havelid and Salomonsson. 

Buffalo's board will obviously be different.  They may have Kulich at 16 for example.  However I doubt it so completely different.  

Last year 

I had Power at 1 (Sabres 1), I had Rosen at 21 (Sabres 14), I had Poltapov at 41 (Sabres 33) and I had Kisakov at 52 (Sabres 53)

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

After Nemec and Jiricek, who is the next RHD on your board? 

On my board in the 12-20 tier I have LHD Mintyukov, Mateychuk, Korchinski, and Pickering and centers Geekie, Lambert, Kasper and McGroarty.  

From 25 to 34 I have RHD Nelson, Luneau, and Chesley and centers DelBelBelluz, Gaucher, Kulich. and Beck

Around 41 I have RHD Lamoureux and Casey, LHD like Hutson and Warren and then a pile of centers from Jack Hughes, Ostlund, Pooitras, Lorenz, and Trikozov.  A couple of other RHD also have support in this area in Havelid and Salomonsson. 

Buffalo's board will obviously be different.  They may have Kulich at 16 for example.  However I doubt it so completely different.  

Last year 

I had Power at 1 (Sabres 1), I had Rosen at 21 (Sabres 14), I had Poltapov at 41 (Sabres 33) and I had Kisakov at 52 (Sabres 53)

My hope is for Jiricek to still be there at 9. I think he will be gone especially if the Sabres move down to 10-11. Nazar, Gauthier, Savoie and maybe Lambert could be the pick. All 4 of those guys can play C.

I don’t like any RHD until around 20-30, Casey, Nelson, Luneau, Rinzel, Salomonsson, Havelid. Rinzel is an interesting case because he plays High School and Havelid was great at the U18. The Sabres may see one of these guys at 16 but I doubt it. Some of the 4 guys I listed at 9 could still be around at 16. Mesar, Kasper, McGroarty and Ostlund are C options at 16.

The Florida pick should provide an opportunity at a RHD that I listed above. Lamoureux, Chesley and Kyrou are 3 more in the 30-45 range. If the Sabres have a RHD picked already, I would look at Beck, Kulich as C with that pick.

At 41 take BPA on their board, unless they still have not taken a RHD.

I want one goalie picked in the 5th-7th round.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk, if I'm taking a Russian at 16 I'd have to see all their medical stuff first. I'd say no on Miroshnichenko at 16 but maybe at 28-32.

I would like to see him taken if he's there for the Fla pick, but I reckon Arizona will grab him. They have all the time in the world to wait on him. 

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

What if the Sabres fall to 10 or 11 and the best RHD's and C's are gone.  What do you do?

At 9 - 11 you take the top player on your list regardless of the position.  Hopefully Lekkerimaki or Gauthier is still there.  Most of the center are further down the draft board and would be good targets for the 16th overall pick like McGroarty, Geekie or Kasper. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

At 9 - 11 you take the top player on your list regardless of the position.  Hopefully Lekkerimaki or Gauthier is still there.  Most of the center are further down the draft board and would be good targets for the 16th overall pick like McGroarty, Geekie or Kasper. 

I don't care for Lekkerimaki at 9. He floats too much. 

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He is a younger more talented version of VO.  Wait until he adds 20 pounds.  Like VO that part of his game will improve as he is better able to physically stand up to the hitting.  

Rather just take Ohgren and know he will engage physically. 

Mock draft season 

EP Rinkside.    Geekie.      Nazar 

atheletic.       Lekkerimaki.   Mateychuck

TsN.  Lekkerimaki. Yurov

Sportsnet.   Gauthier  Korchinski 

Sporting News Yurov  Mateychuck

Hockey News    Geekie   Pickering 

Yurov at 16 would be great as long as you can get him out of Russia   Since they went heavy last season on Russians and the added risks of drafting them , I’d be surprised to see them take another with a high pick 

I’m not a fan of Mateychuck

I understand the need / want of adding a Center but I don’t think they should force it by taking Geekie at 9.    I have a feeling that a team with a need at C will take him at 6,7 or 8. 

Seems fairly certain that Wright , Cooley , Slafkovsky, Nemec and Jiricek will be the top 5 in the draft 

43 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Mock draft season 

EP Rinkside.    Geekie.      Nazar 

atheletic.       Lekkerimaki.   Mateychuck

TsN.  Lekkerimaki. Yurov

Sportsnet.   Gauthier  Korchinski 

Sporting News Yurov  Mateychuck

Hockey News    Geekie   Pickering 

Yurov at 16 would be great as long as you can get him out of Russia   Since they went heavy last season on Russians and the added risks of drafting them , I’d be surprised to see them take another with a high pick 

I’m not a fan of Mateychuck

I understand the need / want of adding a Center but I don’t think they should force it by taking Geekie at 9.    I have a feeling that a team with a need at C will take him at 6,7 or 8. 

Seems fairly certain that Wright , Cooley , Slafkovsky, Nemec and Jiricek will be the top 5 in the draft 

Daily Faceoff.     Nazar Kasper 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.