2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

5 hours ago, French Collection said:

Taylor Hall a non factor. This gives me some satisfaction.

I wouldn't say that. He played well and drew 2 penalties. It does, however, emphasize that this is a team game, and any one individual will not take you to the promised land. It's always going to be about the entire team as a whole. Pay attention Sabres management............

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Awesome post.  Especially the last part.

And when are we going to call 'Sid the Aging Vet, but still close to the top of his game' and not kid anymore?  He will be 34 this August. 

Sid could be better than ever right now, 2-way.

I like the nickname remaining because now it's kinda said a bit tongue in cheek. 

wow great game 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sid could be better than ever right now, 2-way.

I like the nickname remaining because now it's kinda said a bit tongue in cheek. 

wow great game 

If this summer we do the SabreSpace great draft off again and when I win that draft lottery ... I will be taking Sid 1st overall.

He's my neighbour, ya know, eh?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Lots of good players are/were whiners.

Gretzky/Hawerchuk/Crosby/Toews/Scheif/Bobby Clarke/Doughty come to mind off of the top of my head. I think that they think the bitching and complaining helps, especially in the playoffs.

ex. ... "Watch that guy, every time I go into the corner he's hooking/slashing/holding me." My opinion anyway...

41 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Not sure I’ll be able to handle Sid whining to the refs for the entire playoffs. Like to see them bow out early.

I just love to watch him regardless of the whining. Great hockey player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.