2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

Watching TB-FL right now, and caught bits of VGK-Wild and Isles-Pens earlier. Boy, I just can't picture the Sabres playing this physical brand of playoff hockey as currently constituted. Is there a whole line that would be out there mixing it up in front of the net, face-washing guys? I want names. We are soooooo far away from this.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Slack_in_MA said:

Watching TB-FL right now, and caught bits of VGK-Wild and Isles-Pens earlier. Boy, I just can't picture the Sabres playing this physical brand of playoff hockey as currently constituted. Is there a whole line that would be out there mixing it up in front of the net, face-washing guys? I want names. We are soooooo far away from this.

It’s why anyone who wants to trade Risto is delusional.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Slack_in_MA said:

There's no telling if most of them have it in them or not. Risto does. Playoff hockey brings it out of you. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Slack_in_MA said:

There are definitely some kids who have the right attitude, Cozens for example, but they're still lacking seasoning. We'll see, but yeah, they're not anywhere near this level as a team yet.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

There are quite a few Sabres players from the past couple years out there on good playoff teams, so I actually they would play kind of like that.  It’s just that the team is so rarely in a truly competitive atmosphere like that.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

To trade or to watch walk for nothing?  That is the question.

• Like (+1) 1

Tied up. 

I don’t know if it’s the best hockey, but all year, these two teams have played some of the most entertaining hockey games I have watched in a long time.

The games have alot to like

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That’s a strong word for a lot of sensible people on this board and off who have wanted him dealt. Couple that with the very real concern over his contract situation and his history of deplorable fancy stats and you realize there’s nothing delusional about your comrades here. Your stance on this roster seems to be that nobody should be traded which I might consider delusional considering the results.

• Like (+1) 1

The one downside is Tampa always gets the edge in officiating. They are absolutely a MFT.

Well , if Florida keep playing like this year over year they'll start getting the calls 

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’s a strong word for a lot of sensible people on this board and off who have wanted him dealt. Couple that with the very real concern over his contract situation and his history of deplorable fancy stats and you realize there’s nothing delusional about your comrades here. Your stance on this roster seems to be that nobody should be traded which I might consider delusional considering the results.

It is delusional, though. Fancy stats don’t mean dick in the playoffs when someone is smashing your face. There is no one currently on the Sabres better at tying up an opposing forward going into the corner to retrieve a puck (even if it’s a teammate that eventually gets it.) No stat for that. Let’s trade him.

Refs screwed Florida. Listening to these league friendly announcers makes it all seem rigged for Tampa. It's such an obvious cheat on the cap. There is absolutely no way Kucherov JUST came off injury. Guy is in peak form. He must have been ready a month ago or more. Total cheat. 

Tampa for me is officially the Patriots of the NHL. ANYBODY but Tampa that's my choice for the cup. 

and Montour looked decent.  wtf?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It is delusional, though. Fancy stats don’t mean dick in the playoffs when someone is smashing your face. There is no one currently on the Sabres better at tying up an opposing forward going into the corner to retrieve a puck (even if it’s a teammate that eventually gets it.) No stat for that. Let’s trade him.

The best part of trading a player is that you get things in return. The second best part is that you can replace what that player does that you like by bringing in players through other transactions. It's not delusional to think Risto should be traded. It's delusional to think if he goes that means they'll never be able to find "grit" by other means.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

The best part of trading a player is that you get things in return. The second best part is that you can replace what that player does that you like by bringing in players through other transactions. It's not delusional to think Risto should be traded. It's delusional to think if he goes that means they'll never be able to find "grit" by other means.

I won’t be holding my breath.

For any of it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.