2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Ya, Spencer Knight was really good. maybe Florida will look to trade a goalie next year? 

Driedger will definitely be in either Seattle or on another team but he’s the only goalie outside of Knight that’s worthwhile. Bob’s contract is atrocious. He’s got five years left at $10M per. I could maybe be convinced to deal for him if Florida took both Skinner and Okposo and gave us value otherwise.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Driedger will definitely be in either Seattle or on another team but he’s the only goalie outside of Knight that’s worthwhile. Bob’s contract is atrocious. He’s got five years left at $10M per. I could maybe be convinced to deal for him if Florida took both Skinner and Okposo and gave us value otherwise.

I would swap Skinner for Bobrovski 1 for 1.   Skinner won't leave though. I don't think he cares about winning. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I wouldn't. At least Skinner isn't complete dead weight like Bobrovsky

Ya, he is. And he can undermine the coach's authority too so he's a detriment. 

Bobrovsky has games where he sucks bad, but he did have a .906 SV% and can play well at times. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't want him. I don't want either. But if I'm stuck with one terrible contract I'd rather it was his, and if I'm not wrong it ends sooner. He will still win you a few games. If our 2 goalies were Bobrovsky and Ullmark (or the equivalent) with UPL in Rochester one step or two away nobody would be talking about needing goaltending like they are now. 

Skinner is absolutely freaking useless. 

16 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Watching the leafs -Mtl series.  I’m feeling confident that if the Sabres make the right moves this offseason they have a chance to finish ahead of both of them next year 

Well Staal's really tearing it up for the Habs so idk have to hope he doesn't sign an extension with them 🙂

But really How so?   Way I see it, we might end up with Tampa Boston and Toronto in the final 4. That's 3 teams in our division right there. How we going to make the playoffs in that???

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I have yet to see anyone explain why Sabres fans hate the Canes. Someone help.

Mostly because my brother in law lives in Raleigh and he's good at smack talking.... And our team is Shite. 

Also 05-06, I'll hold a grudge, dignity be damned. 

Edited by Wyldnwoody44
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Really? C’mon.

Still don’t get it. Because they beat us once when it was supposed to be our year? For the millionth time that’s a loser’s mentality. Can’t be mad that they won.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

It’s a cycle at this point. Sabres fans go to games in Raleigh->Sabres fans get belligerent->Canes fans talk ***** about Sabres/Buffalo->Buffalo fans talk ***** about anything tangentially related because we have no right to hold ourselves over anything in the NC. I would also assume ‘06 plays a significant role in all of this. After all it’s when the raping and pillaging began. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

I have been beating this drum for a decade.  I heard one of the WGR personalities exclaim that the Canes took “his cup”.  That was all I needed to hear.  Some weird entitled BS. The Sabres weren’t good enough.  They got beat.  Regardless of circumstance.  The Canes haters are focusing their emotions in the wrong direction.  It’s the Sabres whom they should hate.  That is who failed you.  Some fragile minded crap.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well Staal's really tearing it up for the Habs so idk have to hope he doesn't sign an extension with them 🙂

But really How so?   Way I see it, we might end up with Tampa Boston and Toronto in the final 4. That's 3 teams in our division right there. How we going to make the playoffs in that???

Toronto is only a product of a terrible division.  Wait till they have to face Boston or Tampa or whomever they get in the semi’s    They will get stomped 

I’m not impressed with them at all 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.