Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Some updates from John Hoven, who has some insight into So Cal Hockey.

The Ducks were ready to make a hockey trade with the Sabres for Jack. Two roster players plus a pick were offered, one which was John Gibson, the Sabres said no.

The Ducks remain interested in Jack, but want the the price to come down. They also have no appetite to include Zegras and now it appears Drysdale and McTavish are off limits.

Good luck with that Anaheim 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Ducks were ready to make a hockey trade with the Sabres for Jack. Two roster players plus a pick were offered, one which was John Gibson, the Sabres said no.

The Ducks remain interested in Jack, but want the the price to come down. They also have no appetite to include Zegras and now it appears Drysdale and McTavish are off limits.

This doesn’t make any sense. KA has been asking for 4 players, being prospects and picks. If the Ducks offered 3 roster players, of course KA said no. That wasn’t the ask. And now they want the price to come down?

This isn’t Craigslist. Just because the car has been listed on there for 4 months, doesn’t mean the price has come down since nobody has bought it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I went in to buy a new 4K TV recently and the cashier looked at me like I was crazy when I put my toenail clippings on the counter. I thought my offer was great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

If the other player was Comtois and the pick was next year’s unprotected 1st, and it is the best offer on the table, I’d do it.

I wonder if the Sabres have any interest in Gibson, if that interest figures into their moves to date in goal, and if he’s still an option given his 10-team no-trade that kicked in after free agency opened.

(And thanks for the first real trade rumours we’ve been given in weeks.)

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

the office jim GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I was actually dreaming last night Gibson was traded to us along with Drysdale , a 1st and Henrique And we had an awefull 80 point season 😄

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Good ***** luck with that then.  Let a division rival trade for him and the Ducks can continue to suck.

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, Hoss said:

I went in to buy a new 4K TV recently and the cashier looked at me like I was crazy when I put my toenail clippings on the counter. I thought my offer was great.

I like how current players are equivalent to toenail clippings in the analogy. Roster players who would theoretically help us win now aren’t just “not the plan”, acquiring players who are good now would be actively bad/useless apparently lol. This is what KA has constructed. 

Edited by Thorny

At this point I say let him have his surgery. If it doesn’t work for NHLers. the Sabres medical staff looks wise, Eichel looks like a fool and retires and although we lose the asset; we don’t get screwed by trading him for garbage. 

Honestly, I’d rather have Eichel, a king’s ransom, or Eichel retiring than an awful ROR trade sequel we’d be laughed at for years to come. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

I like how current players are equivalent to toenail clippings in the analogy. Roster players who would theoretically help us win now aren’t just “not the plan”, acquiring players who are good now would be actively bad/useless apparently lol. This is what KA has constructed. 

Have you seen John Gibson’s contract? It’s toenails.