Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

50 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I'm somewhat surprised we haven't heard anything from his new agent Pat Brisson.

The silence is deafening.

Agents rarely say anything to the public. The silence means absolutely nothing.

41 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He's probably gonna stay the year and get traded next year. 

Or he  Changes his mind and wants to win a cup I'm hoping for the 2nd option

If he wants to win a cup he’s not staying in Buffalo.

57 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I'm somewhat surprised we haven't heard anything from his new agent Pat Brisson.

The silence is deafening.

Brisson, being great at sales, listened to Eichels wants and needs and his pains and pleasures, and accordingly advised him of the proper steps to get what he wants. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

Saw this:  https://dawindycity.com/2021/09/14/chicago-blackhawks-3-last-minute-jack-eichel-trades-consider/

Just noodling like we do in this thread, but here are the three suggested trades:

image.thumb.png.6388c60ba2c11931e1198c11a4696a17.png

image.thumb.png.b93bf539edf0a20e3127148d00bfee90.png

image.thumb.png.9be5ee781731c49ee6c075fb064d93aa.png

I think the first is the most interesting to me.  I could see three #2 lines led by young centers, and then there would be another line (I won't call it fourth because it may line up against the other teams' top lines) possibly centered by Girgs.  I think it would be interesting to have the three young Cs battling for ice time and bring healthy competition to the team. 

Second trade returns D prospects.  I don't think Buffalo is looking for defense right now.  I pass.

The third trade gives two top-six wingers but I think the need in Buffalo is for center.

Each trade is less than the 4 x 1st round equivalent that is KA's rumored asking price, but I think if a trade like that is offered it might be worth taking, given the uncertainty around Jack's future.  And there's a different between KA's ask and his settle I'm sure although all three of these are still likely a little short of something KA is willing to take.

Landing Dach would provide a replacement for Jack on the center spine.  He won't be as good as Jack but he is better phased with the young core than Jack, and should should grow with the rest of the young roster.

To me it begs the question:  If KA gets an offer a bit short of his ask but it gives closure to the Jack saga, should he take it?

23 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Saw this:  https://dawindycity.com/2021/09/14/chicago-blackhawks-3-last-minute-jack-eichel-trades-consider/

Just noodling like we do in this thread, but here are the three suggested trades:

I think the first is the most interesting to me.  I could see three #2 lines led by young centers, and then there would be another line (I won't call it fourth because it may line up against the other teams' top lines) possibly centered by Girgs.  I think it would be interesting to have the three young Cs battling for ice time and bring healthy competition to the team. 

Second trade returns D prospects.  I don't think Buffalo is looking for defense right now.  I pass.

The third trade gives two top-six wingers but I think the need in Buffalo is for center.

Each trade is less than the 4 x 1st round equivalent that is KA's rumored asking price, but I think if a trade like that is offered it might be worth taking, given the uncertainty around Jack's future.  And there's a different between KA's ask and his settle I'm sure although all three of these are still likely a little short of something KA is willing to take.

Landing Dach would provide a replacement for Jack on the center spine.  He won't be as good as Jack but he is better phased with the young core than Jack, and should should grow with the rest of the young roster.

To me it begs the question:  If KA gets an offer a bit short of his ask but it gives closure to the Jack saga, should he take it?

I like the Dach trade (and really want a center back that can play for us).  I would love to see him play for the Sabres.  Chicago's issue to having this happen is money to stay under the cap.  Toews is supposed to be back in their lineup again this season although he may still be dealing with health issues that will affect his playing time.

38 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Only the 1st offer would even get my attention. And I'd agree with Pi in wanting a 1st over a 2nd.

Trade #2 gives us yet another D prospect which doesn't exactly aid us

Trade #3 gives us a nigh-bust Strome and another Olofsson who's slightly better.

Trade #1 at least gives us Dach, a Center.

That being said I can't see how they would swing that with their cap situation.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

From every press release and Sabres team media output since the end of last season, you'd think Jack Eichel doesn't exist.

He's persona non grata.

You think it's a coincidence they highlighted a callback from a *former* player (Reinhart) in the latest Embedded vid? The propaganda machine has not been at ease this entire summer

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You think it's a coincidence they highlighted a callback from a *former* player (Reinhart) in the latest Embedded vid? The propaganda machine has not been at ease this entire summer

It's really hard not to read the whole Reinhart thing as an exercise in "See, it's not Kevyn, it's Jack"

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It's really hard not to read the whole Reinhart thing as an exercise in "See, it's not Kevyn, it's Jack"

Determining where the truth falls (my money is on somewhere in between) gets difficult, I just hope fans are aware of what they are being sold. 

Adams, in calculating fashion, wormtongued the entire front office behind the scenes. Similarly, a focused, calculating tale has been consciously crafted and sold to fans since the final day of the regular season and the whole thing was intricately mapped out, of that I have no doubt. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Determining where the truth falls (my money is on somewhere in between) gets difficult, I just hope fans are aware of what they are being sold. 

Adams, in calculating fashion, wormtongued the entire front office behind the scenes. Similarly, a focused, calculating tale has been consciously crafted and sold to fans since the final day of the regular season and the whole thing was intricately mapped out, of that I have no doubt. 

On one hand, it's pretty clear what we're being sold. Adams, while a good guy, comes off as a massive sycophant in always over-praising Terry and Kim.

On the other, it also can be interpreted somewhat as the Pegula's dealing with a brat, admittedly that they helped create, by memory holing all Eichel-boosting.

I think both parties failed the fans, but we're stuck with one...

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

On one hand, it's pretty clear what we're being sold. Adams, while a good guy, comes off as a massive sycophant in always over-praising Terry and Kim.

On the other, it also can be interpreted somewhat as the Pegula's dealing with a brat, admittedly that they helped create, by memory holing all Eichel-boosting.

I like this. I suppose it's easier for me to harbor ill will towards the organization when I know I'll never be rid of it. It's always the deeper, lasting wound. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

6 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

I see we're evolving from the Sabres and Adams being incompetent buffoons to masterful mind-controlling propagandists. Or can they be both?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I see we're evolving from the Sabres and Adams being incompetent buffoons to masterful mind-controlling propagandists. Or can they be both?

I'd say it's a pretty obvious and rudimentary job at best. They aren't playing 4D Chess. It's ye-olde-book-of-marketing. Stop promoting Eichel, start telling fans every chance you get how lucky we are the Pegulas are here.

They're still idiots past and present tense when it comes to running a hockey franchise. We'll see if the future changes...Adams has done well so far. The Eichel trade will tell us more.

Edited by Gabrielor
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Who's "we"?  I've never called Adams a buffoon, I've had him as calculating from the beginning. 

"Masterful"...well, that's another matter

Edited by Thorny

33 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This might sound weird, but I’m ok with this.  I prefer a front office that has an organized plan to sell the fans a well crafted propaganda story of the vision moving forward, rather than a front office that appears to be bumbling from one thing to the next.

I think it displays something resembling competence.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

I'd say it's a pretty obvious and rudimentary job at best. They aren't playing 4D Chess. It's ye-olde-book-of-marketing. Stop promoting Eichel, start telling fans every chance you get how lucky we are the Pegulas are here.

They're still idiots past and present tense when it comes to running a hockey franchise. We'll see if the future changes...Adams has done well so far. The Eichel trade will tell us more.

I wish I had gif game.

I appreciate some of Adams moves and seeming direction, but he iced a terrible team last year and his decisions this year can be described as a gamble at best. The roster appears to have huge holes that threaten his plan.

He has not "done well."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

This might sound weird, but I’m ok with this.  I prefer a front office that has an organized plan to sell the fans a well crafted propaganda story of the vision moving forward, rather than a front office that appears to be bumbling from one thing to the next.

Crafting compelling propaganda isn’t something this franchise has struggled with, though. 

#blueprint

#nextchapter

#sharpenyourswords 

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

I think it displays something resembling competence.

So, no

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I wish I had gif game.

I appreciate some of Adams moves and seeming direction, but he iced a terrible team last year and his decisions this year can be described as a gamble at best. The roster appears to have huge holes that threaten his plan.

He has not "done well."

It's all about picking and choosing what "counts"

Last offseason, close to when the season was about to start I had a several page discussion with John, where I said Adams couldn't be adjudged to have had a "good" offseason, yet, that he would need be judged on the results. What happened bore out the logic in my stance. 

But that doesn't really matter - that offseason doesn't belong to Adams anymore, it doesn't count. It was Adams when it looked good, now it's Krueger's.