Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Since all the speculation that actually comes out gets its own thread we should just close this one.

It's kind of literally the "speculation when there isn't actually anything to talk about" thread haha

• Like (+1) 1

Friedman does wonder if Montreal doesn’t match if they will use Carolina’s 1st and 3rd in an Eichel Offer. The issue is with them losing Danualt and now possibly KK, the chances of Suzuki being part of the trade package is almost nil and that should kill any deal from the Sabres Point of View. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman does wonder if Montreal doesn’t match if they will use Carolina’s 1st and 3rd in an Eichel Offer. The issue is with them losing Danualt and now possibly KK, the chances of Suzuki being part of the trade package is almost nil and that should kill any deal from the Sabres Point of View. 

Was gonna say, Adams' old Carolina franchise doing him a solid, putting Montreal in the position they go full out for Jack. But like you said, problem is, full out with what, exacly. 

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Maybe Jack will still be liked by some in these parts but I predict that he goes down as the most disliked player in Sabres history. I have zero doubt I have never disliked anyone more and hope he gets shipped to a city he can't stand. Ottawa seems like a good start..

Maybe for some fans that’s true.

Eichel is way way down on my list of Sabres or ex-Sabres I have disliked over the years. 

17 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Maybe for some fans that’s true.

Eichel is way way down on my list of Sabres or ex-Sabres I have disliked over the years. 

Considering that I invested in Eichel jerseys for myself, my dad, my daughter, and my best friend, based on his contract - I wasn’t amused by his end of season presser. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Considering that I invested in Eichel jerseys for myself, my dad, my daughter, and my best friend, based on his contract - I wasn’t amused by his end of season presser. 

I’ve invested in no jerseys for decades. Not worth it … to me. Everyone is different.

I have however invested over $38,000 in season tickets since 2004. So I feel the frustration 😂

Granted I’ve sold a bunch of tickets over the years to friends and family at cost, so I’ve recouped a decent portion of that investment. We are all suckers to one degree or another when it comes to investing time or money, or both in this team 😂

20 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Maybe Jack will still be liked by some in these parts but I predict that he goes down as the most disliked player in Sabres history. I have zero doubt I have never disliked anyone more and hope he gets shipped to a city he can't stand. Ottawa seems like a good start..

I am going to hold full judgement until the whole story comes out.  How he behaves now, prior to the trade, and afterwards will need to be considered.   There are comments that he is not well thought of among the Sabres staff and the Alumni but some of that could be generational stuff.  

The guy lacks the charisma and the leadership of other Sabres favorites, he will never reach my list of favorites, but let’s not forget the Hockey Hell that Pegula, Murray and others created.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1