Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This is a trade rumor thread so this is not the appropriate place. Want some wine with your cheese?

Got his ass.

Edited by Thorny
don't be mad. it's a joke. wording was funny
  • Haha (+1) 1

Does anyone else think a deal could be imminent? 

I'm still pretty skeptical of Adams' willingness to enter camp with Jack still on the roster. Can't imagine they've come to terms on an injury path...maybe this indicates a new team is already in play. 

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

And yet the surgery bears directly on trade prospects.

Sure but how many ppl will miss the surgery rumor because the trade thread moves at a breakneck pace? How much of the surgery stuff is not a rumor?

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Does anyone else think a deal could be imminent? 

I'm still pretty skeptical of Adams' willingness to enter camp with Jack still on the roster. Can't imagine they've come to terms on an injury path...maybe this indicates a new team is already in play. 

hmmm could be? Ottawa and Montreal have been rumored lately. Maybe Montreal is going to let Kotkoniemi go and trade for Eichel?

• Like (+1) 1

Regardless what surgery he ends up having if he would have had the surgery 4-6 weeks ago the healing and rehabilitation process would be well on its way. If I had to guess I would think that he is going to have the fusion surgery recommended by the Sabres. I just don't see him getting the replacement surgery and risk having his contract voided. 

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

The rumour of a surgery taking place - if true - seems like a strong indicator that a deal has been made

I'm not sure that is the case. It's just as likely that he and his agent recognize that until his health status is clarified he won't be dealt. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm not sure that is the case. It's just as likely that he and his agent recognize that until his health status is clarified he won't be dealt. 

That is also possible, of course. It just feels like ... changed agent, an apparent surgery ... things are moving.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The rumour of a surgery taking place - if true - seems like a strong indicator that a deal has been made

That is a very good point. I can't see the Sabres holding out this hard/long against surgery only to have him get it a month before the season starts and still play for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That is also possible, of course. It just feels like ... changed agent, an apparent surgery ... things are moving.

I agree with you that it appears that the new agent has changed the dynamic from stuck in the mud to some movement toward resolving the situation. It appears that Jack's side of the table has come to the realization that KA is not going to give up his valuable asset for pennies on the dollar. And the only way for him to be dealt sooner rather than later is to do whatever he has to do to demonstrate that he is healthy and capable of returning to form. The shame of the situation is that the surgery (whichever one) could have happened nearly two months ago. 

We still don't know for sure what is ultimately going to happen in this saga.  However, to KA's credit he has handled this challenging high stakes situation well by not feeling forced to do something he doesn't want to do in order to be done with this mess.  

• Like (+1) 2

Every time I read KA wants 4 or more pieces, it makes me want to bang my head against the wall.  If the primary piece is fantastic, would KA say, “yeah, but I still want 5 more pieces”? If KA is really throwing this requirement out there, he is an idiot.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Every time I read KA wants 4 or more pieces, it makes me want to bang my head against the wall.  If the primary piece is fantastic, would KA say, “yeah, but I still want 5 more pieces”? If KA is really throwing this requirement out there, he is an idiot.  

I'd have to imagine that if this actually is Adams' demand, he would've been bent over in a trade already.  The fact that he hasn't been pressured into anything is encouraging.

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is there a twisted world where Jack’s surgery actually helps facilitate a trade?

Im speaking to a team like Vegas who can put Jack in IR and circumvent the cap a la Tampa and Kucherov.

If I were a team trying to trade for John, I would want him to get the surgery with the longer recovery time for precisely this reason. And I would want him to wait as long as possible to get the surgery so that he would be all but guaranteed to return just in time for the playoffs.

It's distinctly possible that this is what Adams was banking on happening and why he's been very resistant to moving John quickly. I bet a lot of teams wouldn't mind getting Eichel in their system for zero cap hit this season...

• Like (+1) 1

One thing to consider is that I don't think Jack would rob himself the chance of playing a feature role on Team USA at the Olympics. Not sure he'd be good with a pathway that takes him any longer than it needs to, if by chance a team advocates for something that's "extra cautious" so as to exploit the very cap loophole being discussed. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

One thing to consider is that I don't think Jack would rob himself the chance of playing a feature role on Team USA at the Olympics. Not sure he'd be good with a pathway that takes him any longer than it needs to, if by chance a team advocates for something that's "extra cautious" so as to exploit the very cap loophole being discussed. 

He might not have a choice if he wants to get out of Buffalo. Giving up the Olympics may be a sacrifice he needs to make if he really truly wants out.

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

He might not have a choice if he wants to get out of Buffalo. Giving up the Olympics may be a sacrifice he needs to make if he really truly wants out.

Could be. I hope not. Would like him to get the chance

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Is there a twisted world where Jack’s surgery actually helps facilitate a trade?

Im speaking to a team like Vegas who can put Jack in IR and circumvent the cap a la Tampa and Kucherov.

Ah. I like that idea even better than mine. If so, is that a thing now?

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

What other team could benefit from an Evander Kane/Sabres situation? A team that doesn’t want him to play this year so they can finish really low and come away with a top pick and Jack?

I’d imagine no acquiring team will have their top pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1