Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

Frank Servalli says the Rangers are trying to get a top 10 pick and people around the league believe they're doing so to try to get Eichel. He adds the Ducks are definitely back in the conversation and he wo

The Rangers can kick rocks. 

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

I had just typed this out when you responded ...

Getting a little silly but connecting some dots. Seattle has reportedly been hot after Ryan Strome. So ...

Seattle gets: Ryan Strome, Rasmus Ristolainen, #15 overall

Rangers get: Jack Eichel, 2021 2nd (BOS)

Sabres get: #2 overall, Nils Lundqvist, Pavel Buchnevich, Filip Chytil, Jared McCann

Seattle retains some salary on Jack in this deal. Problem with this deal is it’s too complicated for draft day. Seattle would need extensions with Strome and Risto otherwise they risk everything on one year deals.

Strome's value should be relatively high if you can get an extension done. His last two seasons pace out at 21-49-70 per 82 games.

No thanks.  Aside from #2 and Lundqvist, I don't want anything else in this deal.  I don't want to acquire pieces like Buchnevich, who is basically a flip piece, McCann is a fine add.  Chytil is drastically overrated, I'd definitely want a more premium piece.  To me, the Rangers are down towards the bottom of the list.  Their fans are obnoxious, and their front office is only wanting Eichel on the cheap.  I'm also not dealing picks of any type.  

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm so psyched. I didn't even take the time to shower, I just grabbed a damp washcloth from the hamper and dragged it across my naughty bits.

When does it start?

Also, the NHL trading season and draft is going on today. 😩

Edited by Cascade Youth

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm so psyched. I didn't even take the time to shower, I just grabbed a damp washcloth from the hamper and dragged it across my naughty bits.

When does it start?

Sounds like you are ready for a lunch visit with Widow May.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

When does it start?

Mazel Tov. 

I thought that was considered a Cattaraugus County shower, glad to see that it's crossed state lines. 

25 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

When does it start?

So "a wh*re's bath"...

Edited by ExWNYer

1 hour ago, Rasmus_ said:

The Rangers can kick rocks. 

No thanks.  Aside from #2 and Lundqvist, I don't want anything else in this deal.  I don't want to acquire pieces like Buchnevich, who is basically a flip piece, McCann is a fine add.  Chytil is drastically overrated, I'd definitely want a more premium piece.  To me, the Rangers are down towards the bottom of the list.  Their fans are obnoxious, and their front office is only wanting Eichel on the cheap.  I'm also not dealing picks of any type.  

How is Buchnevich a flip piece?

He's a 26 year old RFA averaging 63 points per 82 over the last two seasons. I believe that would be good for second on our roster, and 1st on our roster once Eichel is moved. 

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

You do not trade to lose.  You need a Lafreniere type return or do not do it.  Franchise centers should be expensive.

Don't worry, they aren't trading to lose. They are trading to not win.

GIF by Identity

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

A deal with the rangers interests me the least because they have the least high end talent for prospects. If I wanted to add a bunch of middle 6 forwards to the team I can just look in free agency. 

What about for Reinhart? Would you classify Buchnevich as on a similar tier?

He produced more than Sam, our 1RW/1C, the last 2 seasons 

Both RFA

"The deal is one for one" 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

What about for Reinhart? Would you classify Buchnevich as on a similar tier?

He produced more than Sam, our 1RW/1C, the last 2 seasons 

Both RFA

"The deal is one for one" 

I don't want Buchnevich. He's 26 and if I am selling my 24yr elite center, it better f'ing not be for a 26 year old. You sell Jack Eichel, we're talking a full on rebuild. 

So no, I would not trade Reinhart for Buchnevich. That is the definition of treading water. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't want Buchnevich. He's 26 and if I am selling my 24yr elite center, it better f'ing not be for a 26 year old. You sell Jack Eichel, we're talking a full on rebuild. 

So no, I would not trade Reinhart for Buchnevich. That is the definition of treading water. 

Well Reinhart and Buchnevich are only a year apart.

So you don't think keeping Reinhart is on the table if we move Jack?