Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, Shootica said:

They would have to do some serious maneuvering in the coming years, but it should be noted that this opens up just over $10M for them next year.  I'd argue it puts them deeper in the Eichel conversation.

They have Kaprisov and Fiala still to sign IIRC.

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

He was interviewed on a local Boston news channel and after talking about how he was a Bruins fan growing up as a kid the reporter fed him a very leading question "Being from the area would you someday like to see yourself in a Bruins uniform?"... or something like that.  Of course he's going to say yes, it really didn't move the needle for me at all.

You’re leaving out a very specific piece of information.  This is the quote ““Every kid grows up dreaming of playing for their hometown team. Whether that happens now, later in my career. Who knows if it ever happens….”  

I really don’t care about the playing for the hometown team bit. It’s every kid’s dream. But he’s under contract for the next 5 years on a team not named the Bruins. So why did he say the bolded? Why would he want that “now” given he’s the Captain of the team that owes him $50M for the next 5 years?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, kas23 said:

You’re leaving out a very specific piece of information.  This is the quote ““Every kid grows up dreaming of playing for their hometown team. Whether that happens now, later in my career. Who knows if it ever happens….”  

I really don’t care about the playing for the hometown team bit. It’s every kid’s dream. But he’s under contract for the next 5 years on a team not named the Bruins. So why did he say the bolded? Why would he want that “now” given he’s the Captain of the team that owes him $50M for the next 5 years?

Because KA told him he's listening to offers.

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Because KA told him he's listening to offers.

Then why do you act like there was some kind of subterfuge with the reporter? She asked him whether he would like to play for the Bruins some day. A legitimate question for any home town reporter. No reporter tricks there. He didn’t just say, “yes, that’s every kids dream”. He said maybe “now”. This is fine, and an important part of the interview you seemed to have omitted. Instead, you’re main take was that he was “led”. 

3 hours ago, Trettioåtta said:

Another thing to consider - if Jack gets traded before his NMC starts, the team he is traded to can chose to reject the NMC. This meaning he will have no protection for the reminder of his 5 year contract.

Means if the team tjay acquire him don’t like him, they can also trade him with no limits

That can't be true 

35 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

What does tear your team apart even entail? If we got Boldy, Rossi, Zuccurello and their 2 1sts this year would that be considered tearing their team apart? After all that would literally only be 1 roster player and a guy who played briefly this year for them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

That can't be true 

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What part “can’t” be true?

The acquiring team not having to honor his upcoming NMC. It is indeed false. The NHL just changed that rule so the no movement clauses have to be honored by the acquiring team.

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I lost it - who was the guy who said they saw a rumor on hf about the ducks having 2 deals lined up? What forum/thread did you see that poster in, and or what was their name

I definitely saw someone say the Ducks were offering (Zegras || 3OA) while GMKA is insisting on (Zegras && 3OA).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 7/11/2021 at 7:01 AM, Curt said:

As for buying in, I don’t know.  I don’t see him really buying in completely because I think he is pissed and wants a trade.

He's pissed because the team hasn't won anything since he was here. If the new regime produces similar results he will certainly want out, but if the team is winning it will be exactly what he wants. He won't want out if the team is relevant. 

On 7/11/2021 at 7:44 AM, Hoss said:

They have most of it but not all. A simple reminder from Eichel that his NMC kicks in a year with a well-executed wink takes some of it away.

The NMC makes it harder to get an appropriate return and therefore makes trading him even less likely.

17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He's pissed because the team hasn't won anything since he was here. If the new regime produces similar results he will certainly want out, but if the team is winning it will be exactly what he wants. He won't want out if the team is relevant. 

So, you are using future tense.  I believe that we have run out of future tense and are now in present tense.  How long can you say that he will want out soon if this keeps up?  I think we got there, we’ve past that point,

Its not that Eichel may theoretically want out at some point in the future, he already wants out.

Thats just what I believe.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The NMC makes it harder to get an appropriate return and therefore makes trading him even less likely.

It makes the Sabres getting what they want less likely. It does not make a deal less likely.

54 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

There’s nothing to stop acquiring team from flipping him after next season before it kicks in. Or, for them to ask Jack to rescind it (which he may go for to play for a contender). His future NMC should hold little influence in trading him now. 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Weree you on sabres board, duck board, or trade board? I'm going hunting 

Hfboards trade area.  I think that someone here mentioned it too.

• Like (+1) 1