Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Okay. Then don't believe it but the fact they let the GM hire an AGM before a PoHO was brought in tells me all I need to know. If they wanted a PoHO there would be one by now. There would also be leaks about if they were searching for one. 

Literally gave you a news article that says "no they don't want that" and your response was "i don't beleive that"

Didn’t Karmonos come out the other day and say they would be hiring directors for each department rather than a POHO?

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Okay. Then don't believe it but the fact they let the GM hire an AGM before a PoHO was brought in tells me all I need to know. If they wanted a PoHO there would be one by now. There would also be leaks about if they were searching for one. 

Literally gave you a news article that says "no they don't want that" and your response was "i don't beleive that"

I understand that but do you not remember that huge rumor drop about them wanting help now ?

Maybe they do that when playoffs are over with 

I just hope that someone, anyone (league officials, other owners etc) will step in and tell TP enough is enough. They need to change how they are running the team. No trades are going to fix what underlies all of this, the way they operate the franchise is a structural problem. This ain’t baseball where you can just throw money at a team and have a relatively good chance of it producing fruit. 

5 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I just hope that someone, anyone (league officials, other owners etc) will step in and tell TP enough is enough. They need to change how they are running the team. No trades are going to fix what underlies all of this, the way they operate the franchise is a structural problem. This ain’t baseball where you can just throw money at a team and have a relatively good chance of it producing fruit. 

If they didn't  do it in Ottawa they're not doing it in buffalo.

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

No

Worst trade  Partners possible

Not awesome, but not the worst.  Rossi, Boldy, Addison, Erickson-Ek, Fiala, Dumba, Greenway.

I don’t know their interest level but they have some pieces.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I understand that but do you not remember that huge rumor drop about them wanting help now ?

Maybe they do that when playoffs are over with 

Karmanos said in an interview a few days ago that they weren’t pursuing the PoHO route. Brawndo made a thread about the interview.

57 minutes ago, Curt said:

Not awesome, but not the worst.  Rossi, Boldy, Addison, Erickson-Ek, Fiala, Dumba, Greenway.

I don’t know their interest level but they have some pieces.

If we got Boldy, Erickson-El and Fiala and a draft pick or two I'd be very very happy. 

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If we got Boldy, Erickson-El and Fiala and a draft pick or two I'd be very very happy. 

If that was the Eichel return, we should burn Key Bank to the ground and salt the earth upon which it was built forever making it an uninhabitable monument to futility and bad ideas. 

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

What would you propose we get instead? 

That trade has 1 good prospect, 2 okay NHL guys, and an unknown pick. That's basically a slightly better ROR deal. 

We need Rossi, Boldy, and then you go from there. A top tier center prospect or forward prospect has to be in the deal or you don't do it. It is why the NYR are completely unsuitable trade partners. 

Byfield (maybe Turcotte), Rossi, Zegras, Newhook, Zary (maybe), Jarvis, guys in that level are what we need to start and then you work out the rest. 

I really only think LA has the ammo. Even if they say no on Byfield, that gives you Turcotte, Kupari, Fagemo, Bjornfoot, Faber, Kaliyev, Grans, Vilardi as options to make a deal work while only taking back minimal salary. 

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

Didn’t Karmonos come out the other day and say they would be hiring directors for each department rather than a POHO?

The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of The Pegulas 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That trade has 1 good prospect, 2 okay NHL guys, and an unknown pick. That's basically a slightly better ROR deal. 

We need Rossi, Boldy, and then you go from there. A top tier center prospect or forward prospect has to be in the deal or you don't do it. It is why the NYR are completely unsuitable trade partners. 

Byfield (maybe Turcotte), Rossi, Zegras, Newhook, Zary (maybe), Jarvis, guys in that level are what we need to start and then you work out the rest. 

I really only think LA has the ammo. Even if they say no on Byfield, that gives you Turcotte, Kupari, Fagemo, Bjornfoot, Faber, Kaliyev, Grans, Vilardi as options to make a deal work while only taking back minimal salary. 

I disagree, to me we need proven NHLers that can play on the first or second line. That's why I proposed my trade, toss in I wanted us to draft Boldy back in the day. Rossi is a question mark because of his size and hasn't shown anything in part because injury last season. 

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

If they didn't  do it in Ottawa they're not doing it in buffalo.

Will the league "officially" take action in this type of situation?  Absolutely not.

Are quiet one-on-one conversations taking place between Pegula and some of the other owners and Bettman?  Absolutely.  I would be shocked if they weren't. 

Subtle nudges to get them to clean up their act; a ***** show like the Sabres organization has become is not good for the league, and the league is constantly battling health problems as it is.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Will the league "officially" take action in this type of situation?  Absolutely not.

Are quiet one-on-one conversations taking place between Pegula and some of the other owners and Bettman?  Absolutely.  I would be shocked if they weren't. 

Subtle nudges to get them to clean up their act; a ***** show like the Sabres organization has become is not good for the league, and the league is constantly battling health problems as it is.

I doubt it  The sabres have been a laughing stock for how many years? 

The nhl only cares about money and buffalo fans always come back 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Newhook and Zary are not in the same conversation as Byfield/Zegras.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think you've been paying attention to Minnesota.

Erikson Ek put up 30 points in 56 games this year and is matching up against top lines.

Kevin Fiala has 43 goals and 94 points in his past 114 games.

Each is 24 and is much better than OK.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I don't think you've been paying attention to Minnesota.

Erikson Ek put up 30 points in 56 games this year and is matching up against top lines.

Kevin Fiala has 43 goals and 94 points in his past 114 games.

Each is 24 and is much better than OK.

Erikson just shot almost double his career sh% average. 

Fiala might Reinhart-esque in terms of production. Fiala will be 25 to start next season meaning he has a 3 year window opening. 

Neither of them are anywhere close to Eichel in terms of potential production and if the ROR trade taught us anything don't expect to re-coup a player like ROR or Eichel in the aggregate. It doesn't work. 

• Like (+1) 1

Does Eichel to Columbus make sense?  Guy at the bar has me thinking about it.  Says he has a source.  Who knows?

They have tons of cap space, goalies to spare, 3 first round picks this year including a lottery pick.  Made sense after a couple beers.  Could be a under the radar option.

And this was before Seth Jones wouldn't commit to his future in Columbus. I wonder if something could be worked around Jones, one of the goalies, and their high pick?

He says it's an open secret that the Jackets will bring Foligno back and they want him to be the 2nd line center/beloved team leader type guy behind Eichel and do a quick rebuild on the fly.  They have tons of assets to spare, and will have a new coach coming in.

Still makes sense to me.  We'll see.  He said they almost had something worked out when Eichel got injured, for what it's worth.

4 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Does Eichel to Columbus make sense?  Guy at the bar has me thinking about it.  Says he has a source.  Who knows?

They have tons of cap space, goalies to spare, 3 first round picks this year including a lottery pick.  Made sense after a couple beers.  Could be a under the radar option.

And this was before Seth Jones wouldn't commit to his future in Columbus. I wonder if something could be worked around Jones, one of the goalies, and their high pick?

He says it's an open secret that the Jackets will bring Foligno back and they want him to be the 2nd line center/beloved team leader type guy behind Eichel and do a quick rebuild on the fly.  They have tons of assets to spare, and will have a new coach coming in.

Still makes sense to me.  We'll see.  He said they almost had something worked out when Eichel got injured, for what it's worth.

Sabres fans would be furious if we took Top2 D with 1 year left on his deal into UFA, a goalie with 1 year left, and a 1st.

To put it simply, if Jones played better than he had this year and had 4/5 years left on his 5.4 mil contract then he'd be a superb target.

However he doesn't thus an easy no.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

That’s a big hell no on Seth Jones, who is a slightly better version of Risto. (That’s not a compliment) 

5F6AA5A9-C7EF-4D01-BB1D-B497EE56849C.jpeg

6FC4F336-CCA0-4895-89C1-DC9140FE13C6.jpeg

E6DC5AE7-B876-4D35-953E-D1F55D43CCD3.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That’s a big hell no on Seth Jones, who is a slightly better version of Risto. (That’s not a compliment) 

5F6AA5A9-C7EF-4D01-BB1D-B497EE56849C.jpeg

6FC4F336-CCA0-4895-89C1-DC9140FE13C6.jpeg

E6DC5AE7-B876-4D35-953E-D1F55D43CCD3.jpeg

OK, I'll agree with you there, but I think Columbus may have the assets to pull something off without Jones.  We'll see, I guess.

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

if the ROR trade taught us anything don't expect to re-coup a player like ROR or Eichel

This is probably more accurate.

33 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Sabres fans would be furious if we took Top2 D with 1 year left on his deal into UFA, a goalie with 1 year left, and a 1st.

To put it simply, if Jones played better than he had this year and had 4/5 years left on his 5.4 mil contract then he'd be a superb target.

However he doesn't thus an easy no.

I haven't watched Jones this year, but the player I remember watching beat the Leafs in the bubble was pretty damned good.

I wonder if any analytical decline is partially a product of being on the ice half the game in all the tough situations for a bad team, like Risto or Drew Doughty?

The flip side of that is how I've been saying the best Eichel comparable is Jeff Carter.

Carter was also traded for a highly-touted 25-year-old horse of an American defenceman drafted in the top 4, and 1st-rounder.

And we all know what became of Jack Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1