GDT: 3/31/21 Filthydelphia Flyers vs. Buffalo Sabres. TV 7:30 on NBCSN, radio WGR550.

Claude Balls

That was a proper response to Monday. 

I'm happy tonight and am fine with what the coaches are doing with what they've got, but some of the comments here are a little crazy lol. Ralph's sabres also beat this flyers team 6-1, and Granato has led the team to 1 win in 7 games. I'm sure he's a fine interim coach. He won't be HC next year unless we play presidents trophy hockey the rest of the way

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Fogarty 

Looks like Rangers fans are having a ton of fun with this one.  I'll allow it.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

That was a proper response to Monday. 

I'm happy tonight and am fine with what the coaches are doing with what they've got, but some of the comments here are a little crazy lol. Ralph's sabres also beat this flyers team 6-1, and Granato has led the team to 1 win in 7 games. I'm sure he's a fine interim coach. He won't be HC next year unless we play presidents trophy hockey the rest of the way

I just asked the question.  All he may have to do is catch Terry's eye, as Claude stated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I saw very little of the game...but I’m glad they won, the streak is over, and the win came against the Flyers.  Screw them and their fan base.  

PS Hey Florida did you get a good luck at Montour?  He’d look good in a Panthers jersey, and I hear he loves South Florida. 

• Like (+1) 3

Can we please get a look at Fogarty for the rest of the year.  He has looked like a positive in the bottom 6 so far.

Dahlin looks like he is slowly climbing out of the hole. Growing pains will continue but atleast he looks like they have the train back on the tracks.

keep Mitts at centre the rest of the season.  Again, he is having hiccups here and there but there is real growth from him each game.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I saw very little of the game...but I’m glad they won, the streak is over, and the win came against the Flyers.  Screw them and their fan base.  

PS Hey Florida did you get a good luck at Montour?  He’d look good in a Panthers jersey, and I hear he loves South Florida. 

You missed a very convincing win tonight. Start to finish. Hard to find anything negative. Hall perhaps.

Ullmark was awesome, spllt second reactions in the heat of battle. Using his head. Gets poked in the eye by our own players hockey stick. Keeps right on rolling. Linus Ullmark would not be denied. Not on this night.

Best 60 minutes of 5 on 5 hockey all season.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bold statements

1. RK is the worst coach in Sabres history

2. Linus is this team’s MVP and should be re-signed.  

3. We are going to look back at this game as the first game in the re-emergence of this franchise.  Also the night before we fired RK was the franchise rock bottom.

4. Bryson is the future Captain of this team.

Careful you don't break something when you fall off this bandwagon 🙂

At least wait until the rangers game to see if they play the same way or fall back into the usual with the monkey lifted off. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Shame on KA for not dumping RK sooner.  

It really is starting to look that way, isn't it?

To be clear, the Flyers were horrible, but we played with some passion, and we played with some threat. That can't be coincidence.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bold statements

1. RK is the worst coach in Sabres history

2. Linus is this team’s MVP and should be re-signed.  

3. We are going to look back at this game as the first game in the re-emergence of this franchise.  Also the night before we fired RK was the franchise rock bottom.

4. Bryson is the future Captain of this team.

Bryson was awesome.

I agree with you on Ullmark. MVP, and whatever else we do please hold onto our starting goaltender.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It really is starting to look that way, isn't it?

To be clear, the Flyers were horrible, but we played with some passion, and we played with some threat. That can't be coincidence.

If I only had this one game to go by I would swear up and down the Sabres are a better hockey team.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm on record as having two on-ice goals to give this meaningless run to summer some meaning.

1) Dumping every non-returning piece we can to collect assets

2) Playing the kids a lot, and in all situations, to see what we have.

But I've discovered one more: Play Sam Reinhart at centre for every single minute he's on the ice.

He looked pretty damn good there and I imagine that will only improve with time. Can you imagine if we discover we had our missing 2C in the lineup all along?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm on record as having two on-ice goals to give this meaningless run to to summer meaning.

1) Dumping every non-returning piece we can to collect assets

2) Playing the kids a lot, and in all situations, to see what we have.

But I've discovered one more: Play Sam Reinhart at centre for every single minute he's on the ice.

He looked pretty damn good there and I imagine that will only improve with time. Can you imagine if we discover we had our missing 2C in the lineup all along?

We have been screaming about this for how long?

• Like (+1) 1

Everybody see that shift where Taylor Hall turned on the jets, to beat out an icing call?

And then, once he got the puck, softly slide it to the open boards where no Sabre had a chance to do anything at all with it?

I can't get his selfish ass off my team soon enough.

(Only 15 minutes tonight, same as Toby Rieder. Lack of PPs may have been why, but I'm going to say Donnie is doing what Ralph should have done a month ago, and play the guys who earn it.)

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Everybody see that shift where Taylor Hall turned on the jets, to beat out an icing call?

And then, once he got the puck, softly slide it to the open boards where no Sabre had a chance to do anything at all with it?

I can't get his selfish ass off my team soon enough.

(Only 15 minutes tonight, same as Toby Rieder. Lack of PPs may have been way, but I'm going to say Donnie is doing what Ralph should have done a month ago, and play the guys who earn it.)

The problem with playing the guys who earn it is what happens when enough guys don’t earn it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.