Ghost on Waivers

Brawndo

Whoa -- this looks like Management got pissed at him.  Take a look at twitter output from Charlie O'Connor at the top of page 5 of that thread I pasted:

Gostisbehere: "It's just straight not good enough right now. We're letting guys just ***** absolutely beat us up in front of the net. It makes our goaltenders look like absolute *****, and it's not fair."

Gostisbehere: Right now this team has really lost its identity.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Whoa -- this looks like Management got pissed at him.  Take a look at twitter output from Charlie O'Connor at the top of page 5 of that thread I pasted:

Gostisbehere: "It's just straight not good enough right now. We're letting guys just ***** absolutely beat us up in front of the net. It makes our goaltenders look like absolute *****, and it's not fair."

Gostisbehere: Right now this team has really lost its identity.

I'd say we need this type of attitude but it's definitely not the type this org is going to want to sign 

Worst case scenario you waive him later on and someone else picks him up or he's buried in Rochester.

Better case, you can move him for a 7th round pick in 2022.

Best case, he makes your team better.

They are about to move on from many defensemen, why not bring him in.

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Worst case scenario you waive him later on and someone else picks him up or he's buried in Rochester.

Better case, you can move him for a 7th round pick in 2022.

Best case, he makes your team better.

They are about to move on from many defensemen, why not bring him in.

Worst case is you waive him later, nobody bites, and you have to eat his cap hit for two seasons.  And if we're at the point where we're waiving him later this year, I think it's fairly likely nobody takes the bait.

Just now, Shootica said:

Worst case is you waive him later, nobody bites, and you have to eat his cap hit for two seasons.  And if we're at the point where we're waiving him later this year, I think it's fairly likely nobody takes the bait.

isn't that what I said?

You waive him and someone picks him up or he's buried in Rochester.  Whether you waive him this year, next year, doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

I'd claim him, at minimum he'd be expansion bait. At best he could figure it out again and be a great offensive defenseman. Not to mention we are a tad short on Dmen once we trade Montour with all our present injuries.

But 4.5 per for two more years, but worth the risk

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

51 minutes ago, LTS said:

isn't that what I said?

You waive him and someone picks him up or he's buried in Rochester.  Whether you waive him this year, next year, doesn't matter.

Don't we say this about everyone? And yet how many players has this front office done that with that they probably should?

This front office does appear to see that as an option because they probably don't have infinite amounts of cash/money to just pay out for castoffs to just play in Rochester and they aren't flush with Cap space to just take on other teams cap problems.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Claim him, then, trade them Montour or Miller with their new found cap space 😄

Consider it a parting gift for last night.

Unlike the Sabres, they may actually be trying to improve the product on the ice and don't wont to bring in guys we want to replace with their garbage....

I think people are living off the past with him

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shootica said:

We're eating enough cap hits already. Philly has a horrible D, he is the worst. He might be worse than Montour. We could pick him up, but it would signal there's going to be no change in direction or philosophy here and we will keep losing just swapping out one bad player (Montour) for another. I'd rather they spent that money elsewhere. 

56 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Sabres have $1 million in cap space. Ghost costs $4.5 million. Who is not doing simple math here.

His cap hit would be prorated based on how much of the season is left so it wouldn't be as big of a difference

Wouldn't the sabres Cap hit only be based off of what he is still owed on his contract and not the cap hit the Flyers are hit with because theirs would be based off of the total value with bonuses and incentives. I thought if he gets claimed, that team would be hit with only what is owed on his deal and the rest would be 'Dead Cap Space' the Flyers would be responsible for?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.