Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Berg said:

You can move players wherever you want, but it will not work.  Until the tactics change, there will be no results.  Just throwing the puck forward and hoping for luck is not hockey.

My mate gave me his login details for NHL TV so I could watch last night's game. Couldn't face it so didn't bother.  Before covid outbreak I nearly broke my phone in a rage as couldn't believe how bad we were playing. I honestly cannot watch this team at the moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pi2000 said:

IMO this is simply a product of the league re-alignment, schedule, and covid outbreaks.  

  1. They replaced 50% of their forwards this offseason (counting Girgensons).    It takes about 20-25 games to sort things out.    Even longer without a proper training camp and pre-season.
  2. They had a 10 month break, whereas 6 of the 8 teams in their division played in the playoffs. 
  3. They played 10 games to start the year, then got shut down for 2 weeks.    They were averaging over 3 goals a game in their last 5 before the shut down.   All the while other teams are continuing to building chemistry and fine tune their play after the long off season.   

The wrong thing to do right now is to panic and pull the plug on RK and Eichel and other guys that haven't hit their stride yet.    

We knew going in that there was a very distinct possibility they would struggling this season.    

It's not what anybody wants to hear, but the right thing for them do right now is to be patient and to stick it out.  In the long run, playing the likes of WSH, BOS, PHI, NYI, and PIT... will be best for their development.

It’s a small club (optimistic Sabres fan) at them momen.  I once again completely agree with you 

think of this season as an extended training camp   Playing the best teams in the NHL night in and night out 

learn from them and play like them next season when they are back in the division with Ottawa, MTL, and Detroit. 
 

 

 

 

What’s next?? Claim Anthony Stalock on waivers from Minnesota today 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just ask this here:

None of Reinhart, Eichel or Risto are going to want to stay in Buffalo past this season I suspect. 

So, Eichel and Risto are still under contract, Reinhart is an RFA, the question needs to be asked, move Reinhart at the deadline and the others in the off season, or another approach and what can the return possibilities be?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I'll just ask this here:

None of Reinhart, Eichel or Risto are going to want to stay in Buffalo past this season I suspect. 

So, Eichel and Risto are still under contract, Reinhart is an RFA, the question needs to be asked, move Reinhart at the deadline and the others in the off season, or another approach and what can the return possibilities be?

Buffalo will get fleeced in any trades...we are not coming from a position of strength and every GM will try to top the ROR trade debacle.  The only way up from the bottom is finding a bonafide proven HC who will come in and right the ship.  I would not mind seeing some true "agitator" type players added to the roster to bring some emotion to the squad.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Buffalo will get fleeced in any trades...we are not coming from a position of strength and every GM will try to top the ROR trade debacle.  The only way up from the bottom is finding a bonafide proven HC who will come in and right the ship.  I would not mind seeing some true "agitator" type players added to the roster to bring some emotion to the squad.

I agree with you in that they need some sandpaper and grit on this team asap. They have none and teams have zero fear against them. 

KA didn't make the ROR trade and the ones he has made have been pretty even so far. I see no evidence he will get "fleeced"

The assets the Sabres have, have value and if he's patient he should bring back some quality returns.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This team just doesn't have what it takes.

Reinhart and Eichel are good/great, but Reinhart is below an 'all star' level player and Eiche is an all star but he's not a superstar/generational/carry the team into the playoffs type player. They are not bad at all, but most fans overvalue how good they are.

I am ready to blow this up.  Make room and build around a new 'core'.  Your core going forward should include whoever steps up from the group of Dahlin, Cozens, Quinn, Bryson, Laaksonen, Routsalained, and the prospects/draft picks you can get from trading what is left of this core.  Is that guaranteed to work? Nope. Will that team be better than this current team? Maybe not, but its hard to see how the results can get much worse.

I just don't like watching this team. I don't get excited watching Reinhart and Hall play.  For as good as Eichel is...I don't know....He's just not one of my favorite players to watch either. At his best on this team he is good, just doesn't really get me 'out of my chair' like other players around the league do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a now established culture of dysfunction.  It might be unprecedented as proven that we can break the playoff drought record in another year.  I suspect TP has major issues behind the scenes. Something is really really wrong year in and out.  And mind you, this after the dysfunction of the Drury, Briere fiasco of the last ownership (who lets their stars walk and breaks up a contender?).

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still amazing to me that for how bad this team has been and for how long, I can't remember the last time they actually fired a coach during the season.    Ron Rolston 2013?

You're basically telling the players that the organization is OK with losing and we'll reevaluate the coach after the season.    If they were truly desperate to win, they would've moved on from some of these clowns much sooner.   

That's how you build a losing culture.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

It's still amazing to me that for how bad this team has been and for how long, I can't remember the last time they actually fired a coach during the season.    Ron Rolston 2013?

You're basically telling the players that the organization is OK with losing and we'll reevaluate the coach after the season.    If they were truly desperate to win, they would've moved on from some of these clowns much sooner.   

That's how you build a losing culture.

Yep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

There is a now established culture of dysfunction.  It might be unprecedented as proven that we can break the playoff drought record in another year.  I suspect TP has major issues behind the scenes. Something is really really wrong year in and out.  And mind you, this after the dysfunction of the Drury, Briere fiasco of the last ownership (who lets their stars walk and breaks up a contender?).

 Can you elaborate here?  What do you mean?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t love the idea of firing another coach, and this time only 19 games into a very screwy season, but OTOH, this is the earliest a season has been over since the tank.  It should be unacceptable.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I don’t love the idea of firing another coach, and this time only 19 games into a very screwy season, but OTOH, this is the earliest a season has been over since the tank.  It should be unacceptable.  

I love the idea of firing another coach. If he's not the right guy, get rid of him.

I genuinely don't give a flying ***** about how much this owner has to pay to people not coaching. He is responsible for the Tank and he is responsible for the worst decade of Sabres hockey,… actually, he's responsible for the worst decade of hockey of any NHL team ever.

Drill another well and get the right guy cuz this is bullsh!t.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They could always just splurge the money they so wisely saved on ROR's bonus by shunting him out for wooden nickels on the dollar to pay off RK if money's the issue.  

Just a thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

think of this season as an extended training camp   Playing the best teams in the NHL night in and night out 

learn from them and play like them next season when they are back in the division with Ottawa, MTL, and Detroit. 

and Boston, Toronto, Florida and Tampa.    Which 2 of those are we going to be better than to make the playoffs????

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

and Boston, Toronto, Florida and Tampa.    Which 2 of those are we going to be better than to make the playoffs????

After this past weekend, I’ll admit it’s pretty difficult to remain optimistic. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pegula’s have backed themselves into a corner, and will continue to dig their heels in. I think they realize they screwed up with hiring Ralph & Kevyn, and on top of that got rid of numerous hockey side of the business positions. I don’t think they change anything in the off-season in terms of off-ice staff, and make minimal changes to the team.  I don’t believe Adams has the stones to deal any major pieces off the team except for pending UFA’s...Hall, Staal and Montour. 
 

The biggest problem with that? Massive fan base revolt...playing in front of a half filled arena come the fall.  


Where is the shining star that is the future of the Sabres and gives the fans something to believe in? Ownership, GM, HC, Players...how about none of them?

Edited by LabattBlue
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SwampD said:

I love the idea of firing another coach. If he's not the right guy, get rid of him.

I genuinely don't give a flying ***** about how much this owner has to pay to people not coaching. He is responsible for the Tank and he is responsible for the worst decade of Sabres hockey,… actually, he's responsible for the worst decade of hockey of any NHL team ever.

Drill another well and get the right guy cuz this is bullsh!t.

I don't either, and I don't think TP does either.  My concern, and I think TP's concern, is that the more coaches you fire, the more the franchise seems like a Mickey Mouse operation.

However, if we go another week or 2 like this, that concern is likely to be obliterated by the urgent need to make a change.

I really hope they find the right guys this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SwampD said:

I love the idea of firing another coach. If he's not the right guy, get rid of him.

I genuinely don't give a flying ***** about how much this owner has to pay to people not coaching. He is responsible for the Tank and he is responsible for the worst decade of Sabres hockey,… actually, he's responsible for the worst decade of hockey of any NHL team ever.

Drill another well and get the right guy cuz this is bullsh!t.

Bravo.  Take a bow.  👏

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 7:50 PM, Carmel Corn said:

Sorry, but Ralph has done absolutely nothing to justify getting kicked "upstairs".   Granted the Pegula's probably don't want to keep paying for their bad hires, but I don't want any more of Ralph's BS in the organization.  I don't think much of our assistants either.

And for god's sake, keep him FAR AWAY from the Buffalo Bills!

If he's going to make 4 million anyway you may as well have him do some paperwork or something

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

If he's going to make 4 million anyway you may as well have him do some paperwork or something

Fine...then go find Rudy and Randy Pecorora(or whatever their names where), and revive the Buffalo Blizzard and the indoor soccer league.  That would be right up his alley. 

Edited by LabattBlue
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SwampD said:

I love the idea of firing another coach. If he's not the right guy, get rid of him.

I genuinely don't give a flying ***** about how much this owner has to pay to people not coaching. He is responsible for the Tank and he is responsible for the worst decade of Sabres hockey,… actually, he's responsible for the worst decade of hockey of any NHL team ever.

Drill another well and get the right guy cuz this is bullsh!t.

It's true. 

And why care if we "look bad" doing it when we arguably can't look worse as is. They only thing that will fix that now is winning.

Everyone predicted the Sabres to finish around last *even after adding a recent Hart winner*. As fans we didn't think that, but how poorly does the expectations of a franchise have to be league wide for that addition to literally be seen as making no difference? 

No one is going to think anything of them until they win, so do what's necessary to get to that point, whatever it takes. 

Edited by Thorny
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...