GDT: 1/31/21 1pm ET, NJ Devils at Buffalo, MSG, NHL Network, WGR

jsb

7 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This is so ridiculous I don’t even know how to respond. 

We just got beat on home ice by a Devils team missing almost all of their relatively few good player and were outplayed by a significant margin. There is no way to sugarcoat things, to quote Michael Ray Richardson: "The ship be sinking."

• Like (+1) 1

Just look at the Devils depth. As @inkman pointed out, they've got a D-pairing of Tennyson and Kulikov. I don't think there's a single one of us who'd take that pairing over our worst potential D-pairing. And yet...

Coaching + hustle can cover the modest talent gaps. Ruff taught us that for years and years. If NJ can get a decent goalie over the next few years they'll be really decent. But for right now, it's still a team our team needs to beat. And after this opening series...

Here we go again.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, rickshaw said:

I believe someone from the core needs to go as well. Reinhart most definitely comes to mind for me. I think Jack stays until he decides he’s had enough. 

Why trade their most consistent contributor? He wins puck battles and gets points. He's not the most physical but none of them are.

3 minutes ago, Billznut said:

This proves anyone, literally ANYONE would be a better backup goalie than Hutton. 

At this point, I think Mike Comrie  could come out of retirement, slap on some goalie equipment, and beat googly eyes. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

Just disgraceful. We have so much more "talent" on the roster and we get out worked and beaten down by a bunch of nobodys really and they don't even have their #1 goalie. Good job Lindy, you are getting the most out of what you have, which isn't much.

When we don't have a goalie bail us out we are sunk.  Just disgraceful and yet, the same as every other year. 

Dump some of our "stars" and get me a bunch of Miles Wood types. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I mean I think he is playing injured.  He doesn’t look like himself.

I know what you meant.  I still stand by my theory.

Sabres have been folding late year after year.  This compressed schedule is going to separate the men from the boys and I have a bad feeling about what they are going to look like in a few months.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

I believe someone from the core needs to go as well. Reinhart most definitely comes to mind for me. I think Jack stays until he decides he’s had enough. 

I think the past two games showed how much we need Sam.

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This is so ridiculous I don’t even know how to respond. 

To put it in simpler terms, this team flat-out sucks and it is pretty easy to see with the eyeball test. I don't care what all these ridiculous analytic number is telling me. This team is going nowhere.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Why trade their most consistent contributor? He wins puck battles and gets points. He's not the most physical but none of them are.

Because he’s too slow and unless he’s with Jack, he doesn’t do very much. He’s been here the longest and he’s just used to not winning. 

1 minute ago, rickshaw said:

Because he’s too slow and unless he’s with Jack, he doesn’t do very much. He’s been here the longest and he’s just used to not winning. 

He makes up for any straight line speed issues with his hockey sense and anticipation, his skating is not a problem at all imo

Just now, Norcal said:

There's alot to be said for chemistry and playing for the next guy. It's the crux of any winning organization 

And the only two guys who have repeatedly stood up for their teammates the past four seasons are Reinhart (out) and Okposo (limited ice and has to protect his head lest his career ends). And that doesn't mean having to throw punches. That's just getting in someone's face if there's anything dirty.

And you don't need a team or even a line of goons. You just need a few people who will be there for each other.

Was it Bylsma's first year where the whole team got in a fight at Arizona and Bogo and Reino and Eichel were laughing on the way to the dressing room? (Coincidently, the last time the team looked any good heading down the stretch.)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.