GDT: 1/31/21 1pm ET, NJ Devils at Buffalo, MSG, NHL Network, WGR

jsb

1 minute ago, eman said:

The absolute truth. There is talent here. This organisation has done a horrendous job of choosing the right coach. These next 4 games will show what this team is and I kind of expect things to get ugly. Islanders for 2 and I believe the Bruins will eat this club alive in the 2 games after that.

How dare you besmirch the good name of Ron Rolston! 🍺

1 minute ago, eman said:

The absolute truth. There is talent here. This organisation has done a horrendous job of choosing the right coach. These next 4 games will show what this team is and I kind of expect things to get ugly. Islanders for 2 and I believe the Bruins will eat this club alive in the 2 games after that.

Next 8 is Islanders, Bruins, Caps and Islanders again

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Jersey  Sabres gonna Jersey Sabres is what their fans are saying right now.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

NJ  BUF gonna NJ BUF

Two regulation wins in 10 games. The more things change, the more they stay the same. They sure know how to suck the fun out of everything.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Yes this is what I'm talking about, a coach that doesn't care about your feelings just winning. They've had everything else

This sounds nice, but doesn’t actually work.  Players don’t work hard for a coach who doesn’t care about them or a coach who they hate.  The coach needs to help create an environment where the players are all working hard for the coach and for each other.  It’s a mindset thing.

Dont have much to say -- that's an embarassing result for this weekend. Playing a team with much less talent who is missing their top players.

I'm usually a glass-half-full kind of guy, but this was terrible and I hope Ralph has some strong words when he speaks about it after. 

I just don't understand how no matter what we do as a team we get the same results.

Sign stars, draft high, etc etc yet the team never seems to change. They are still a fair-weather team that doesn't play hard every shift and would rather take a nap.

We've tried structure based coaches, young inspirational coaches, and now a literal inspirational speaker and no one seems to get these players to play inspired hockey!

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Jack gave up. He was leaning on his stick at the side of the Devils net while his teammates were fighting for possession right before the empty net goal. He quits on his guys way too easy.

I think there is something physically wrong with him.

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

Next 8 is Islanders, Bruins, Caps and Islanders again

The “easy” games this season were supposed to be the 16 vs the Rangers and Devils. The Sabres just showed they aren’t better than either of those teams, let alone the other 5 in the division. These guys have no hope with the current coaching staff. The season is as good as dead. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

This team needs passion, it needs killer instinct, it needs hear and soul play imho. They lack it, those players that give it their all.

But, they aren't far off from being a playoff contender.

Eakin, Rieder, Sheahan, and Irwin are contributing as they can.  In another month they will morph into “Sabres” and then they will really start to suck.  Something seems to suck the life out of whoever come here. 

Once again we got nothing out of Eichel, Dahlin, Skinner, Hall ... 

The Devils took 3 points out of 4 and they look like a less talented but much harder working team.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Two regulation wins in 10 games. The more things change, the more they stay the same. They sure know how to suck the fun out of everything.

The Sabres gonna Sabres and Devils gonna Devil point is that every bad team's fans say that (after allowing a team they're absolutely dominating to tie it up). But --- one team today wasn't going to fold.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.