Goal Song

inkman

Goal Song  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What flavor do you want to the Sabres to kick in ya ear?

• A song named goo - anything Goo Goo Dolls related minus that garbage “Better Days” me likey “Long Way Down”
    • Somewhat ironically, I’d love AC/DC “Long Way to the Top”
    • Lil Wayne - “Right Above It” aka the Ballers theme
    • Foo Fighters - pick anything but I’ll go with “All my Life”
    • That song about 1000 men’s dongs or swords or whatever, not my cup of tea but I know some of y’all like it
    • Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (why not)
    • Metallica - “Don’t Tread on Me” maybe a little political if ya want it to be but it’s a killer jam also open to “Fuel”
    • Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
    • Rick James - Give it to me baby

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I voted for this, because I love your description of the song, in the poll options.  😂

PS This should have been named the goal song last time...instead of the travesty they currently are using.

🎶 ...Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men...
🎶

If they're going to do this--and it is the best of the choices if for nothing but the cheerable chorus (probably the best I can think of other than Shout!, which is taken), this cover might be better:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/5/2021 at 9:07 AM, ubkev said:

Individual goal songs. Like walk-up music in baseball.

I'm with you, too. There was nothing more fun than hearing the Irish jig pop on after Shanahan scored in Detroit.

It's like when Ullmark makes a big save and we get the Vince Guaraldi Trio for a moment --- those are the things the kids are going to remember.

(Plus, if the players have input, you get to know them more. They become more a part of the fabric, especially now that we're not churning for tank purposes. Even better if you get someone like me who'd be all about anything but a loud/everybody-get-up track. Lovin' Spoonful "I Didn't Want to Have to Do It" and a selected excerpt from Miles Davis ***** Brew --- yup, kids, you're gonna have to listen to some oldies when I sneak a puck through. Players could have a lot of fun with it.

On 1/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, LabattBlue said:

I voted for this, because I love your description of the song, in the poll options.  😂

PS This should have been named the goal song last time...instead of the travesty they currently are using.

🎶

Agree...this is what it should have been before,  and I still think it would be a great choice cause I can see the crowd signing it...I mean really what good is it if the crowd isn't signing or getting into it ?

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

If it isn’t Song 2 by Blur it isnt worthy of being a goal song. 

When I hear Sabredance, I think of grainy old videotapes.

When I hear Song2 I think of jubilation and pandemonium.

That one will always be my choice

On 1/5/2021 at 2:39 PM, LabattBlue said:

🎶

I'm going to recommend this for the Golden Knights song! It would go well in the Fortress.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:08 PM, Brawndo said:

Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin. 

Right band, wrong song.  'When the Levee Breaks'.  It has the connotation of a Goaltender breaking down, which would lead to a 'flood' of goals - metaphorically speaking.  Psychological gamesmanship.   That, and the bassline and drums kind of  kick ass. 

On 1/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, LabattBlue said:

🎶

I’ve been singing this chorus for days now.  If I remember right, Jeremy White was the one who was touting using this as the new goal song, before they adopted “here we go now, here we go now...”

I wonder if the reason they didn’t go with this, is because the game presentation staff didn’t want to use something being pushed by a sports talk host versus something they picked on their own?

Anyways, once fans get back in the stands, I really wish they would at least give this a trial run. 

Edited by LabattBlue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.