Everything Kevyn Adams has done as Sabres GM

Zamboni

20 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Adams is on a signing heater.

His next move will be signing DeAndre Hopkins and loaning him to the Bills for next season.😛

LOL😂 actually I think he's a better GM than Beane . So why not.

• Eyeroll 1

On 5/28/2023 at 12:33 PM, Radar said:

LOL😂 actually I think he's a better GM than Beane . So why not.

I actually think it’s much more to that. I give McBeane 120% credit for identifying and getting Allen. But, minus Allen, I’s skeptical they aren’t a well-built team. I don’t know if this is a reflection of coaching or GMing though. And I do understand this can be said about any NFL playoff team with a franchise QB. The Sabres are a well-built team and they’ll get their due. I still think the Sabres will have more championships than the Bills in 20 years.

Edited by kas23
  • Disagree 1
  • dislike 1

On 6/5/2023 at 3:21 PM, kas23 said:

I actually think it’s much more to that. I give McBeane 120% credit for identifying and getting Allen. But, minus Allen, I’s skeptical they aren’t a well-built team. I don’t know if this is a reflection of coaching or GMing though. And I do understand this can be said about any NFL playoff team with a franchise QB. The Sabres are a well-built team and they’ll get their due. I still think the Sabres will have more championships than the Bills in 20 years.

History being my guide, I'm betting on them being tied after 20 years. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/4/2023 at 4:24 PM, Radar said:

Eye roll from Pimlach? Reference Oliver extension. Point made.

Adam’s has won far less than Beane at this time. Beane has turned Buffalo into a place players will go to.  Adam’s is still working on that.  

It’s hard to compared GMs from different sports.  

On 6/5/2023 at 3:21 PM, kas23 said:

His record defies your comments. The Bills are a very strong team that has yet to win it all.  Like lots of other teams.  

Sabres are on track, maybe.  Let’s see them make the playoffs and win something.    Has Adams done enough?   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Adam’s has won far less than Beane at this time. Beane has turned Buffalo into a place players will go to.  Adam’s is still working on that.  

His record defies your comments. The Bills are a very strong team that has yet to win it all.  Like lots of other teams.  

Sabres are on track, maybe.  Let’s see them make the playoffs and win something.    Has Adams done enough?   

Agree it is hard to compare the two sports. I'm very interested to see the Bills this coming season as I have been one that's questioned their vulnerability in particular in their defense in spite of statistics. Seems they get exploited at critical times. Offensively they need better play on OL and overall game plan. They are a very good team but Allen is the one great pick by Beane in my opinion. On the Sabres side I only say that in my opinion drafting is much more challenging. I think Kevin Adams and company have equaled if not exceeded Beane and company in recent drafts considering, again, in my opinion drafting is tougher in hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

There's a lot of time left in the offseason, but, at this point, Adams has not done enough in this offseason. Hopefully things change

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Radar said:

Agree it is hard to compare the two sports. I'm very interested to see the Bills this coming season as I have been one that's questioned their vulnerability in particular in their defense in spite of statistics. Seems they get exploited at critical times. Offensively they need better play on OL and overall game plan. They are a very good team but Allen is the one great pick by Beane in my opinion. On the Sabres side I only say that in my opinion drafting is much more challenging. I think Kevin Adams and company have equaled if not exceeded Beane and company in recent drafts considering, again, in my opinion drafting is tougher in hockey.

Am really hoping that McDermott goes back to his more attacking defensive roots than returning to the bend but don't break defense that Frazier favored.  If he does, expect them to give up more points overall but also to flat out see the Bills run more teams out of the building as getting the ball back to Allen more quickly (either by a 3 and out or a big play drive) will result in the offense scoring even more than they currently do.  And if the offense is clicking, well that D is very good against the pass.  And attacking the QB should make it even better (typically).  Also like that DaQuan Jones will now have Poona Ford to spell him keeping 1 run stuffer in the middle of the line at all times allowing Ed Oliver to concentrate even more on penetrating through.  (And he was looking very good until messing up his ankle last year.)  And yes, losing Edmonds wingspan in the middle of the D will hurt on passing downs some, but not having him hit the wrong gap or react to the gap too slowly will help on running downs.

Bills games will flow differently this year, but really looking forward to seeing what they can do.

• Like (+1) 1