Everything Kevyn Adams has done as Sabres GM

Zamboni

10 hours ago, woods-racer said:

He's done nothing. Absolutely nothing. Other than trade our best defenseman and our best two forwards and not sign our best goalie. FIRE THE BUM!

I like it and he better find a friggin goaltender.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Updated OP … let me know if I forgot something 👍🏼

It’s interesting seeing all the things KA has done so far.

Does signing kids to ELCs count?  Does stocking Rochester with prospects matter? Or are we here for UFA  signings and big trades only?

2 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Does signing kids to ELCs count?  Does stocking Rochester with prospects matter? Or are we here for UFA  signings and big trades only?

I don’t understand your questions in regards to this thread.

Edited by Zamboni

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

No body talks about those little things he does. Just wondering if signing UFAs and making big trades is all that matters.

For some.  That is the purpose of this thread to counter in great detail the *KA has done nothing* narrative.

That said, maybe a little asterik notation at the bottom would suffice for the Bishop thingie, unless I am missing something and the M.P. Arch-Bishop has come on board.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly ????? Maybe / Maybe Not ...
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

For some.  That is the purpose of this thread to counter in great detail the *KA has done nothing* narrative.

That said, maybe a little asterik notation at the bottom would suffice for the Bishop thingie, unless I am missing something and the M.P. Arch-Bishop has come on board.

See, I honestly did not start this thread to counter anybody’s complaining about a particular GM not doing anything. I honestly started this thread to just give an honest factual list of the things he has done in regards to transactions to/for the team/organization. Where it’s all in one location where we all can review it from time to time to see the activity or lack thereof of the current Sabres GM during his entire tenure. Many seem to like it.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

See, I honestly did not start this thread to counter anybody’s complaining about a particular GM not doing anything. I honestly started this thread to just give an honest factual list of the things he has done in regards to transactions to/for the team/organization. Where it’s all in one location where we all can review it from time to time to see the activity or lack thereof of the current Sabres GM during his entire tenure. Many seem to like it.

Cool.  I really like it a lot.

That said, it does serve what I suggested as well.  Even if unintended.

And thanks for doing it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I have to apologize then. When you bumped the thread I thought it was to *twist the knife* thing to do. I honestly didn't realize you wanted to update the thread on getting two more ELC signings this week and the smart play by signing Bishop. I thought quite the opposite, you where just dismissing them. 

• Like (+1) 1

We have signed forward Filip Cederqvist to a two-year, entry level contract.

Sabres sign Bishop from Dallas to ensure they won't see cap related problems. Quite an ingenious move by Adams.

Josh Bloom to a three-year, entry-level contract starting in 2022-23

A month from now UFA signings start. 

2 hours ago, woods-racer said:

We have signed forward Filip Cederqvist to a two-year, entry level contract.

Sabres sign Bishop from Dallas to ensure they won't see cap related problems. Quite an ingenious move by Adams.

Josh Bloom to a three-year, entry-level contract starting in 2022-23

A month from now UFA signings start. 

In theory he could acquire a soon to be UFA or RFA and try to sign him.  It almost never happens but it does occasionally.  We tried and failed with Vesey, but I wouldn’t mind trying with a potential goaltender. 

On 9/20/2020 at 5:08 PM, Zamboni said:

Sept. 22nd 2021 … Sabres sign Rasmus Dahlin. Three years. AAV of $6 mil.

July 24th 2021 ... Sabres trade Sam Reinhart to FLA for G Devon Levi, and 2022 first-round pick. If FLA pick in the top 10 in 2022, the pick moves to 2023.

Oct. 25th 2020 ... Sabres sign Linus Ullmark. One year. $2.6 million.

Oct. 25th 2020 ... Sabres sign Sam Reinhart. One year. $5.2 million

Overall I've been pretty happy with Adams. I've cut the few moves I haven't really liked.

I thought the Reinhart situation was largely mishandled. Reports were that he was willing to sign a longer deal, IIRC. I thought Adams also got poor value on the trade. A first rounder that logically would end up in the late first round and a goaltender. I'm glad Levi looks promising, but the uncertainty of goalie prospects makes the value of the trade worse. Reinhart was the second best player on the team -- a consistent 65 point player ought to get more than a late first and a decent goaltender prospect

Losing Ullmark has put this team in a poor position from a goaltending standpoint. How many goalies did the Sabres use last season? 6? 8? Adams should have locked up Ullmark for 2-3 years.

Dahlin also should have been given a longer deal. 8 yrs x 8 million would have been a bargain down the road. Now the team will end up giving him 5 x 10 million when the bridge deal is up.

5 hours ago, NAF said:

Dahlin also should have been given a longer deal. 8 yrs x 8 million would have been a bargain down the road. Now the team will end up giving him 5 x 10 million when the bridge deal is up.

In hindsight, yes. At that point, there were a lot of questions about him. It was what, this years All-Star break that the switch flipped?

On 6/15/2022 at 11:35 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

In theory he could acquire a soon to be UFA or RFA and try to sign him.  It almost never happens but it does occasionally.  We tried and failed with Vesey, but I wouldn’t mind trying with a potential goaltender. 

Apparently Stevie Y knows how to do this to get the goalie he wants.  Come on KA step up.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Re-signed Bryson - 2 years @ 1.85 cap hit per year.

Drafted 11 players including 3 centers in the first rd - Savoie 9th, Östlund 16th and Kulich 28th. 

Made Q Offers to VO, R2, Murray and UPL.

Trying to re-sign Lawrence Pilut.  Waiting on KHL release.

The first two on your list… I did put in the OP a few days ago.

The qualifying offers I will add… Once they are excepted by the player.

The Pilut situation will be added once he is signed by KA.

👍🏼