COVID-19

Indabuff

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I also heard that a strong argument against telling people to wear masks was the fear people would feel invincible and give up on social distancing.

Have you driven by a Supermarket today? The stores are packed. 

1 hour ago, Claude_Verret said:

I wish I had seen this webinar, but this is an excellent summary of it and major takeaways.  Highly recommended reading to get the 30,000 ft view on pandemics and COVID-19.

https://nutritionfacts.org/2020/04/16/takeaways-from-my-webinar-on-covid-19/

Great read for a layman!   Thank you.  I went top to bottom.

Worth mentioning, because this is expert analysis that provides insight in a direction contrary to one I'd put forward as an amateur, is that the author sees the wet market as the source with no mention of the germ lab.   The original source matters little to me when I'm looking at government culpability, but it's VERY important in terms of learning what happened and making sure it doesn't happen again.

Edited by Neo

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm sure there's a few, but they're definitely in the minority.  It's really simple though, when being told to wear masks by people who aren't wearing masks, the message becomes confusing.

My message would be a slap to the face or a knee to the reproductive area

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Have you driven by a Supermarket today? The stores are packed. 

Ours are letting only so many people at one time... have to wait outside... got toilet paper today whoo hooo...

BTW test came back negative again so who know what I had...

Go back to work Sunday night and gonna sleep in my own bed tonight... no temp for 5 days... but oof my special needs 13 year old is bouncing off the walls... cant wait til weather warms up and run him..,

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 5

17 hours ago, Neo said:

You know, I almost typed “the good news is, we can still blame Trump, for those keeping score at home” ....  I saw  it ... I saw it ....

There are those who will take joy in that (not at all saying you are one of them).

Since this wasn't moved to the politics club, is it fair game?  I have a bit to say if it is.

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Since this wasn't moved to the politics club, is it fair game?  I have a bit to say if it is.

If names aren’t mentioned, I don’t see the problem. ‘They’. Includes govs, pres, overall system (which I think is the problem) can’t we all get along?

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Great read for a layman!   Thank you.  I went top to bottom.

Worth mentioning, because this is expert analysis that provides insight in a direction contrary to one I'd put forward as an amateur, is that the author sees the wet market as the source with no mention of the germ lab.   The original source matters little to me when I'm looking at government culpability, but it's VERY important in terms of learning what happened and making sure it doesn't happen again.

He does mention that the wet market bat theory is the currently accepted theory, and I agree that it was an early and widely accepted theory, but the lab leak is certainly another plausible one. I mentioned early on in this thread than nobody knows the full picture of what is going on in real time no matter what their credentials are. That includes expert virologists, epidemiologists, the President and random bloggers that you see quoted on social media. Anyone who tells you that they know how things are working right now or how they will end up months from now are simply guessing. Some are making those guesses from a foundation that warrants attention, but most are just pulling stuff from their ass. The epidemiologists and virologists will give us a full post mortem on this pandemic that will be vetted by peer review, but that's going to take a few years...and let's face it by then most people wont care.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Fine with me, of course ... but if it heads to politics, it becomes flotsam and jetsam to me.

Edited by Neo

39 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

If names aren’t mentioned, I don’t see the problem. ‘They’. Includes govs, pres, overall system (which I think is the problem) can’t we all get along?

A name already was mentioned.

8 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Theory is that this acts more like a lung that is injured by altitude sickness moreso than a viral pneumonia, this is why we're finding that intubation really shouldn't be a first or even 2nd option as the increased Peep (positive pressure) from the ventilator may actually be damaging lungs further, rather than helping. These drugs works in all different ways, they alkalize blood and allow for better oxygenation of the blood cells (plus many other responses, anti inflammatory possibly, etc) 

We're starting to get into the realm of now just grabbing things and trying them, I would have to imagine the success of these is very limited. 

When it comes to the science/patho/medicine of the disease process itself, it's very muddy, ever changing. We have a solid viral base, but that's about it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Does my warning point get moved as well?

??

40 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No kidding.  Liger wasn't wrong about the blind spot.

As always, if either of you, or anyone else, thinks a post should be moved, all you need to do is point out the particular post.  The ad hominem attack is gratuitous and, regrettably, not new.

When you call me or anyone else a liar in this manner, you are, as it happens, manifesting a blind spot to your own poor behavior, since this of course is not how people should converse.  You are also demonstrating your inability to engage in a conversation that is even peripherally related to politics without falling into such behavior -- which of course is why such conversation should stay in the politics club.

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

As always, if either of you, or anyone else, thinks a post should be moved, all you need to do is point out the particular post.  The ad hominem attack is gratuitous and, regrettably, not new.

When you call me or anyone else a liar in this manner, you are, as it happens, manifesting a blind spot to your own poor behavior, since this of course is not how people should converse.  You are also demonstrating your inability to engage in a conversation that is even peripherally related to politics without falling into such behavior -- which of course is why such conversation should stay in the politics club.

Not sure where this liar stuff is coming from. Nobody called you a liar.

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not sure where this liar stuff is coming from. Nobody called you a liar.

We've been over this multiple times.  If I say that I don't choose the posts to be moved based on political views, and you say "yes, you do" -- you're calling me a liar.

It's not OK. 

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

We've been over this multiple times.  If I say that I don't choose the posts to be moved based on political views, and you say "yes, you do" -- you're calling me a liar.

It's not OK. 

He's calling you unaware of your bias, not a liar.

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It's not OK. 

If this is your logic, then yes, I am calling you a liar. Everyone sees it but you.

I’ll see you all when nfreeman lets me back.

Am I in the minority, when I say I click on this thread to read about the Covid19 virus itself, new news on testing, first hand stories of the front lines, and closely related info, and not about (at times) immature or blind hatred political jabs at a politician(s). Some literally don’t have the ability to not jab and let everyone know how they feel or think politically. When there’s a perfectly good thread to share that ... that a way ——>

• Thanks (+1) 3