Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Pick 122 Aaron Huglen RW

Recommended Posts

Traded up for him. 

High Schooler going to Minnesota next year 

 

Edited by Brawndo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the best video quality but another highlight reel goal of him scoring from between his legs

 

 

Edited by MillerVaive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Mitts 2. 

Is the the number of pull-ups he has done? Lifetime or one set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MillerVaive said:

Not the best video quality but another highlight reel goal of him scoring from between his legs

 

 

 

That's what is called the "universal scoring position".

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
  1. Aaron Huglen, RW, Fargo-USHL

March 6, 2001 | 5-foot-11 | 165 pounds

Skating: 55
Puck Skills: 65
Physical Game: 40
Hockey Sense: 60

Huglen started the season in the USHL before heading to play high school at Roseau where he was a Mr. Hockey candidate in Minnesota. He finished the season strong back in the USHL with Fargo. He’s a high skill/high IQ forward and is one of the most purely skilled players that will get picked outside of the first round. Huglen has quick-twitch hands and can make defenders look foolish with his fakes and dekes. He makes plays around defenders at a quick pace and is dangerous on the attack. He was a regular on the highlight reel at the high school level. He’s a fantastic playmaker who flashed elite vision on some very creative passes throughout the season. He skates well. It’s not explosive speed, but Huglen has a clean stride, good edgework and gets above-average speed through the neutral zone. Off the puck, he’s just OK. He’s physically underdeveloped and can struggle to win puck battles but doesn’t shy away from the crease area. He didn’t play amazingly at the USHL or at the Hlinka Gretzky, raising some concerns if the talent will translate to higher levels, but the raw talent is significant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He played for Roseau high school and I remembered the Broten family was from there. I did a quick search and this town of 2600 people has sent 9 players to the NHL.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Another Mitts?

Great, can't wait to watch his 6 goal, 13 assist 74 game rookie season.

Hey, if he does it at the age mitts did, I will be very happy with him.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Hey, if he does it at the age mitts did, I will be very happy with him.

Perfect, in the mean time, I'll be approaching my 60's, a fan of the team since it's inception in to the league, still waiting for a Stanley Cup. Sounds like a great plan from where I'm sitting.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Huglen has quick-twitch hands and can make defenders look foolish with his fakes and dekes.

Afenigenov?  Skinner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Perfect, in the mean time, I'll be approaching my 60's, a fan of the team since it's inception in to the league, still waiting for a Stanley Cup. Sounds like a great plan from where I'm sitting.

old_man_waves_gun_at_high_school_0.jpg?i

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pronman says this kid has the highest upside of any player taken outside the first round.

You can find two twitter accounts for this kid (one that he hasn’t tweeted from since 2015) and every single tweet is about hockey or god. This kid absolutely adores the game of hockey. He’s going to work his ass off.

I’ll definitely remember this pick and keep an eye on him over time.

  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 65 from Pronman in puck skills is insane.

Hughes and Kakko got 65. Turcotte and Zegras 60, Cozens 55.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Pronman says this kid has the highest upside of any player taken outside the first round.

You can find two twitter accounts for this kid (one that he hasn’t tweeted from since 2015) and every single tweet is about hockey or god. This kid absolutely adores the game of hockey. He’s going to work his ass off.

I’ll definitely remember this pick and keep an eye on him over time.

Wow. Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Perfect, in the mean time, I'll be approaching my 60's, a fan of the team since it's inception in to the league, still waiting for a Stanley Cup. Sounds like a great plan from where I'm sitting.

Remember when we rushed things and brought in Kane, Bogosain, ROR and Lehner?   Good times, we got all the way up to 8th last, followed by last overall.   Let’s do this the right way, this time 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...